Overclocking software names?

Hey,im new to overclocking and was told by a "expert overclocker" to install a custom bios(asus z87 tuf), a msi afterburner tweak and something i dont remember to unlock nvidias lock on my msi reference gtx 780 :D

Can you help me?

I really want to get my 780 more hyped up than it is at themoment (1150MHz)

Please don't create multiple topics about the same subject. It's against the CoC and is considered as spam.

Sorrry for the two topics, i accidently closed the tab and tougth it was deleted :P im on my dads ipad.. I dont know shit about ipad, i accidently locked it

Hey,im new to overclocking and was told by a "expert overclocker" to install a custom bios(asus z87 tuf), a msi afterburner tweak and something i dont remember to unlock nvidias lock on my msi reference gtx 780 :D

Can you help me?

Don't do this you will most likey will brake your motherboard.

As for the3 overlocking , just use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zb499DBvMs

As for the GPU i really like the EVGA software but the MSI is nice too just comes down to personal preference : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99uWekXIOXE

Watch both the YT vids and OC your PC.

After you oc'd everything and everything is set to your liking i reccomend to run some stability testing.

Reccomended software:

CPU[small fft]/RAM: Prime95

GPU : Furmark

Interested in Business and Technology

As for the3 overlocking , just use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zb499DBvMs

As for the GPU i really like the EVGA software but the MSI is nice too just comes down to personal preference : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99uWekXIOXE

After you oc'd everything and everything is set to your liking i reccomend to run some stability testing.

Reccomended software:

I personally use evga persision x,i get 1150 MHzbut he got a reference gtx 780 in a test pc in store that was running stable at 1350MHZ,and i. Want mine 780 to be pushed harder

I personally use evga persision x,i get 1150 MHzbut he got a reference gtx 780 in a test pc in store that was running stable at 1350MHZ,and i. Want mine 780 to be pushed harder

Probably an ES , if not than he is just lucky.

Probably an ES , if not than he is just lucky.

Dont think he's just lucky, told me he had som shakalakka software that removed nvidias lock that tells you it have crashed because of that its running to high clock speed. Also he have a 4770krunning at 5,2 GHz(running ata temp of around 0c while idling) so i think he have some idea of what he's talking about

As for the3 overlocking , just use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zb499DBvMs

As for the GPU i really like the EVGA software but the MSI is nice too just comes down to personal preference : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99uWekXIOXE

Reccomended software:

I am not quite sure about Furmark, though. I read that Furmark stresses you GPU to an exceptional load. This will never happen in a real-life situation. I would suggest Heaven 4.0 or 3DMark (?)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Dont think he's just lucky, told me he had som shakalakka software that removed nvidias lock that tells you it have crashed because of that its running to high clock speed. Also he have a 4770krunning at 5,2 GHz(running ata temp of around 0c while idling) so i think he have some idea of what he's talking about

I mean lucky with the silicon lotery , not every GPU and CPU are the same you know..

Ok no he isn't lucky he is binning his kit then a hell of a lot. Also to have those temps it means he is using phase change (unless your ambient is subzero) that means his limitation is entirely his particular chip and luck is a huge factor there unless you have a massive stockpile to bin from.

If you are still on air I would be content with your clock where it is currently at. What are your current temps and vcore of your card?

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)

Powered by a silverstone strider 500w psu in a NZXT 210.

Ok no he isn't lucky he is binning his kit then a hell of a lot. Also to have those temps it means he is using phase change (unless your ambient is subzero) that means his limitation is entirely his particular chip and luck is a huge factor there unless you have a massive stockpile to bin from.

If you are still on air I would be content with your clock where it is currently at. What are your current temps and vcore of your card?

post-15990-0-04570800-1381962633.png

im running msi kombustor burnin 1680x1050 aa=off

also im buying a watercooling kit for 2000 nok (around 200 pund) in a month or so

No two pieces of hardware is EVER the same - you need to realize this. Someone's GTX 780 might reach 1400 / 2000, while another persons GTX 780 might not even work if its a little past stock speeds. It depends how "ideal" your chip is. Keep in mind, it is rare to have things "ideal" / similar to theoretical in this world.

Do you realize if he's idling at 0*C than he is using something BEYOND water cooling. As someone said, possibly phase change.

Most i7-4770K can only reach 4.4GHz-4.6GHz. There will be a few rare ones where they can reach 4.7GHz-4.8GHz. Beyond that is nearly impossible...like 1/1000 chance. Even Intel stated this around the time of the Haswell launch.

If this guy is able to have his 4770K clocked at 5.2GHz, either:

a) lucky as hell to get a "flawless" 4770K chip

b ) Got a cherry-picked CPU

c) doing some non-ordinary cooling (i.e. liquid Nitrogen cooling, Dry ice, or Phase Change)

In the threads and posts you've made, it looks like you are assuming everyone can get insane overclocks - THIS IS NOT TRUE!

It also looks like you are mixing up motherboard BIOS with graphics card BIOS (Aka vBIOS) There are NO custom BIOS for the motherboard. The motherboard manufacturer (for the Sabertooth TUF Z87, its Asus) is in charge of that. Not you. Same thing for the vBIOS for the graphics card...but there are programs out there that allows you to modify the vBIOS.

Warning: if you are modding the vBIOS, make a mistake and screw it up, your graphics card is pretty much dead. The warranty on the card is also void, as you are tweaking something that you aren't supposed to be doing.

I think the "nVidia unlock" you are talking about the the Unofficial Overclocking feature available in MSi afterburner. You can increase the limit ranges so you could potentially push the card more. You need to some some code in a .cfg file. Just Google "MSI afterburner unofficial overclocking."

Since you are unsure of the software names, getting mixed up with BIOS and vBIOS, looks like you reeeeaaaallly need to do some more researching and studying before you start adjusting voltages and modifying crucial data / configuration files...that you aren't supposed to touch.

Final words, overclocking means running the components out of spec. If something goes wrong, YOU are 100% responsible. Not the companies fault (Intel, ASUS, etc) Since you are COMPlETELY new to overclocking, please be careful.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

im on air at the moment on my gpu but will switch to water in a few weeks

No two pieces of hardware is EVER the same - you need to realize this. Someone's GTX 780 might reach 1400 / 2000, while another persons GTX 780 might not even work if its a little past stock speeds. It depends how "ideal" your chip is. Keep in mind, it is rare to have things "ideal" / similar to theoretical in this world.

Do you realize if he's idling at 0*C than he is using something BEYOND water cooling. As someone said, possibly phase change.

Most i7-4770K can only reach 4.4GHz-4.6GHz. There will be a few rare ones where they can reach 4.7GHz-4.8GHz. Beyond that is nearly impossible...like 1/1000 chance. Even Intel stated this around the time of the Haswell launch.

If this guy is able to have his 4770K clocked at 5.2GHz, either:

a) lucky as hell to get a "flawless" 4770K chip

b ) Got a cherry-picked CPU

c) doing some non-ordinary cooling (i.e. liquid Nitrogen cooling, Dry ice, or Phase Change)

In the threads and posts you've made, it looks like you are assuming everyone can get insane overclocks - THIS IS NOT TRUE!

It also looks like you are mixing up motherboard BIOS with graphics card BIOS (Aka vBIOS) There are NO custom BIOS for the motherboard. The motherboard manufacturer (for the Sabertooth TUF Z87, its Asus) is in charge of that. Not you. Same thing for the vBIOS for the graphics card...but there are programs out there that allows you to modify the vBIOS.

Warning: if you are modding the vBIOS, make a mistake and screw it up, your graphics card is pretty much dead. The warranty on the card is also void, as you are tweaking something that you aren't supposed to be doing.

I think the "nVidia unlock" you are talking about the the Unofficial Overclocking feature available in MSi afterburner. You can increase the limit ranges so you could potentially push the card more. You need to some some code in a .cfg file. Just Google "MSI afterburner unofficial overclocking."

Since you are unsure of the software names, getting mixed up with BIOS and vBIOS, looks like you reeeeaaaallly need to do some more researching and studying before you start adjusting voltages and modifying crucial data / configuration files...that you aren't supposed to touch.

Final words, overclocking means running the components out of spec. If something goes wrong, YOU are 100% responsible. Not the companies fault (Intel, ASUS, etc) Since you are COMPlETELY new to overclocking, please be careful.

Thermaltake Xpressar RCB400 Series is the cooler he is using. i know evry chip is different. im not expecting a super high overclock, im happy with 1.25, 4.4-6GHz on my cpu and around 1200-1250 MHz on my gpu. They had a reference 780 at 1300MHz in store and a friend of me just got a new reference 780 that reaches 1220MHz. i just have a hope that il be able to reach his overclock. (1150MHz, witch is not a impressive core clock on a 780 in my eyes)

imm also not doing any gpu bios tweaks in a long time because of that i dont know what im doing and are reading me up atm on different forums etc

You do realize the Thermaltake Xpressar RCB400 is NOT water cooling, NOT EVEN CLOSE! Its a pretty much a mini phase change cooling...thing...unit...contraption.

I'm not even sure if Thermaltake is still supports the Xpressar series of products. It was pretty hype back in 2008/2009...but kinda really dead now.

If you are looking into all-in-one water cooling loops, check out the NZXT Kraken X60, Swiftech H220 , Corsair H110 or H100i. Those are pretty much as good as it gets for all-in-one water cooling for now.

A full custom water cooling setup is going to cost Several hundred dollars. I mean, proper water blocks, radiator(s), coolant / water reservoir, pump(s), fittings, tubbing, etc.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>