Best headphones Money can buy

Hey im on the market for a good quality headphone preferably wireless, over-ear. I want the best in quality both sound and build

to be used for travel, gym.....

I have a few in mind......

1.Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless (over-ear) $800....... (non wireless only $428 which amazes me)

2.Beats studio wireless $478

3. Sennheiser Urbanite xl wireless $447

4. Beats solo2 wireless $347

*all prices are AUD

9 minutes ago, cedge206 said:

Hey im on the market for a good quality headphone preferably wireless, over-ear. I want the best in quality both sound and build

to be used for travel, gym.....

2.Beats studio wireless $478

4. Beats solo2 wireless $347

Why are you asking for the best, yet considering and posting Beats? o.O

21 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

Why are you asking for the best, yet considering and posting Beats? o.O

cause i dunno which are considered best but guessing from that i now know beats arent.

sorry fpr being a pleb :|

20 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Sennheiser Orpheus 2

maybe 55k is a bit much lets say around the $1000 and below.

2 minutes ago, cedge206 said:

maybe 55k is a bit much lets say around the $1000 and below.

Focal elear, though I'm a bit biased.

Just now, cedge206 said:

cause i dunno which are considered best but guessing from that i now know beats arent.

sorry fpr being a pleb :|

It's like asking for the best burrito in the world and then putting Taco Bell on the list. Beats is $20 grade. Even their $500 ones. :P

Sennheiser is really good. Bose is always a boss.http://www.bose.com/prc.jsp?url=/shop_online/headphones/wireless_headphones/ae2w_headphones/index.jsp

Oppo PM3, planar magnetic closed back. Can be had for around 500 AUD new. From digital cinema. 

B&W P7 wireless 549 AUD from digital cinema. https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/bowers-wilkins-p7-wireless-headphones.html?gclid=CPG2kfrGls8CFUqXvQodSPsM_A

Have personally used both (p7 wired version). Oppo is more neutral with better mids and better, more controlled bass. 

P7's are more V shaped, (emphasised bass and treble, with recessed mids).

I personally like the pm3's more, as i find the P7 with their V shaped frequency response and mid bass hump, could sound a bit bloated at times, while pm3 is more cleaning sound in the bass and mids. I do find the P7 to have a better sound stage and i found the treble to be more exciting.  

Both have good build quality. The P7 is probably a bit more portable due to its folding hinge design. 

I found the PM3 to have better isolation, but that maybe due to the fact that i brought the p7 refurbished. 

Both have easy to listen to sound. The PM3 i do find a little lacking in the upper treble and they have a small sound stage. 

Even though i personally prefer the PM3's, the P7 has a more exciting sound, that many of my mates preferred. One of them thought the PM3's sounded to flat and boring and though his beats sounded better lol. 

Open back headphone generally offer better sound quality at a given price point, but they leak sound and aren't as portable. 

6 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

Bose is always a boss.

no, Bose is really good with ANC, but they are kinda like B&O, where they have become these old school classic brands that you pay a premium for, not as much as B&O, but they are up there. You can get better audio quality from other brands, for the same price, you just loose ANC or get worse ANC

I do agree that some QC Bose seem to be a pretty nice fit for OP, since he is going to travel with them.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Well OP the OPPO PM3 and B&W P7 are also some options, they are wired and do not have ANC, they are both fairly comfy and look great IMO. The PM3 are planar headphones, so you get the planar bass, where as the P7 are classic dynamic drivers. The PM3's are fun to listen to IMO, the P7 have a nice deep bass extension with a little bump in the mid-bass area, both are very nice headphones.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.