I cannot get ANY overclock! Everything I try fails around 2 hours of stress testing.

First of all I would like to say this is my first ever PC build. I learned how to build the PC from watching Linus's videos along with many others.

The PC runs great, and I am super happy with the results. I researched overclocking the 5820k and I got an understanding on what I should be doing regarding the voltages and the clock speeds.

I started overclocking the CPU the same way Linus explained in his video where he is overclocking the same cpu. I put mine at 4.5 GHz with the CPU Core voltage at 1.3v. I downloaded the trial version of AIDA64 and started stress testing with everything checked except the local disks and gpu. Didn't pass, but I thought that wouldnt be a problem, just raise the voltage. Well I ended up raising the voltage to about ~1.335v (Its where I felt comfortable regarding the temps. It was lying around the 80º mark at that point.); it didnt pass the test. Long story short, I did this process over and over again going lower and lower on my CPU clock. My last stress test was 4.0 GHz 1.33v and it was still failing the stress test. This doesn't make sense to me because everyone else gets min 4.3 GHz on their overclocks. One strange behavior I noticed is that around ~1.33v every stress test easily passed 15 min, but would fail between 1~3 hours. Also, no matter what, if I put on XMP to have the ram run at the rated 2400MHz the stress test would never get past 15 min.

Is this normal? Is there something wrong with my system, or did I just get dud cpu that doesnt like overclocking?

System Specs:

MB: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbón (BIOS Ver: E7A20IMS.110)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k 3.30GHz

CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Memory: 4 sticks of 8Gb Geil Luce DDR4 2400MHz (running at default of 2133MHz)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

Storage: Crucial MX300 750GB SSD + 4x WD Blue 1TB 7200 rpm in raid 10

PSU: EVGA 650 GQ

Case: NZXT H440 (white/black)

Window 10 Home Edition 64 bit

Thank you

Not all CPU can be overclocked even when they're unlocked. Reset your bios and make sure it's up to date.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I am in the process of updating the BIOS now. Plus I just realized I posted this in the wrong category. I thought I put this under troubleshooting.