Whats the major difference between the asus z170 motherboards?

xYowie

z170-a (what everyone says i should get)

z170-e

z170-k

z170-p (only $110 on newegg)

Whats the difference between these? Im a pc noob and im not sure what to look for when buying a motherboard because all motherboards normally do the same thing from my understanding.

2 minutes ago, xYowie said:

z170-a (what everyone says i should get)

z170-e

z170-k

z170-p (only $110 on newegg)

Whats the difference between these? Im a pc noob and im not sure what to look for when buying a motherboard because all motherboards normally do the same thing from my understanding.

Just better heat spreaders, different Rear I/O, probably more or less M.2 slots and SATA slots, and the P series is the cheap one, then the K, then the E is the Budget white board, and the A is the best by far.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

http://www.asus.com/us/site/motherboards/Z170/compare/

Comparison list ^ depending on models, you get extras like better power delivery,pump headers, extra fan headers, and as @Trav_X said extras like more stata m.2, in some cases wifi/bluetooth.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige