Corsair HXi1000 Sleeved cables, which color?

IcEWoLF

Here is a pic of my system: https://imgur.com/a/o9NcP

Here are my system specs:

Mobo: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO VIII

GPU: ASUS 1080 GTX ROG STRIX OC 

SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD2: OCZ 120GB SSD3: Crucial M4

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz CPU: i5 6600k

CPU COOLER: H100i V2 with 2 Corsair 120mm ML120 fans

CASE FANS: ML140 x4

PSU: Corsair Hxi1000 Platinum

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144hz 1080p

So my question is, what color cables should I go for? Red or Black?
I am somewhat leaning towards the black sleeved cables http://www.corsair.com/en-us/professional-individually-sleeved-dc-cable-kit-type-3-generation-2-black
But I think the red might even look better: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/professional-individually-sleeved-dc-cable-kit-type-3-generation-2-red
The PC has a tempered glass, so I am not sure how the red would actually show off, thats why I was kinda leaning towards black.
Let me know what you guys think.

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

neither of them. Corsairs cables look awful and they have a plastic heat shrink at the end. Go with cable mod.

I was considering cable mod, but their price is much higher, thats why I was considering the corsair ones. $30 cheaper since Cablemod shipping is expensive and it would take them a while too...

13 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

I think the red would look best, although it's completely up to you.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

9 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

neither of them. Corsairs cables look awful and they have a plastic heat shrink at the end. Go with cable mod.

I have to agree unfortunately. I have a Corsair RMx series PSU and I really don't like all the heat-shrink around the end of the cables. It makes cable management more difficult and not as aesthetically pleasing. to the eye.

I too have the same 'red or blue' dilemma. I think i'll be sticking with the black.

18 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

I was considering cable mod, but their price is much higher, thats why I was considering the corsair ones. $30 cheaper since Cablemod shipping is expensive and it would take them a while too...

No. They are the same price. For corsair, you need to buy the 24 pin. Which is $20. That kit doesn't come with it.

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

No. They are the same price. For corsair, you need to buy the 24 pin. Which is $24. That kit doesn't come with it.

If I buy the 24pin on Amazon it comes around $100, if I buy it from CableMod its $119+20 shipping, $139.00...Almost $40 more, its really a tough pill to swallow lol

Just now, IcEWoLF said:

If I buy the 24pin on Amazon it comes around $100, if I buy it from CableMod its $119+20 shipping, $139.00...Almost $40 more, its really a tough pill to swallow lol

You live in the US right?

2 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/corsair-professional-individually-sleeved-dc-cable-kit-type-3-generation-2-red.html

If you want black its $85 instead of $99 

Yes, I am in the US, Performance pcs charges too much, I get free shipping with Amazon, they do not offer free shipping.

I'd save a lot more through amazon.

But I am considering Cablemod because I want easy cable management, and yes I am having second thoughts about the heat shrink with the corsair ones. 

If I get it from Performance PCS it would cost me $132...ouch.

1 hour ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

Do cablemod come with warranty?

Okay, I just placed the order for these: https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-c-series-rmi-rmx-modmesh-cable-kit-red/

But I was also looking at these: https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-c-series-axi-hxi-rm-modmesh-cable-kit-black-blood-red/

Should I cancel and go with the red and black or just stick with dark red?

I think for consistency I think just red might be fine vs red and black.

Just reporting in, got the cablemod cables from performance pcs, wow, these cables are very nice, makes cable management a breeze, my case back panel closes really well, these cables flex well too and look to be very durable and quality materials are used.

The packaging was well done too. I paid a bit more than the Corsair but overall I am happy with what I got. I went with the red ones.