avoid xcom 2

Teddy07

Hello,

if anyone here thinks about buying xcom 2 then i would highly recommend to reconsider this decision. I am really pissed.

I bought xcom 2 yesterday because i thought the launch problems were now fixed but i was wrong. I was not even able to complete the tutorial without a crash called " pure virtual function being called while application was running" and couldnt even start the first mission when i skipped the tutorial. I just found out that a 26 page long discussion thread exist but no solution is in sight.

I tried everything but this is the only game which i was not able to run in my entire life as a pc gamer. I will now boycott this shit ass company until they fix this shit because they basically scammed me. I was looking forwar for Civ6 but not with me. Fuck this company.

It might not work for you, but it might still work for others. I myself had no issues with it. You can't just say "never ever buy this game! It's terrible, the company is terrible and you shouldn't buy it". A lot of people have enjoyed this game and will keep enjoying it. If the game doesn't work just refund it...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

- steam refund

- negative review

- join in said discution page

- this thread will be burried in forgottenness on this forum by tomorrow.

that's kind of my deal on it.

13 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

snip

This is exactly what Steam refunds are for.

For my part, I have 155 hours in XCOM 2, but it's definitely got some technical issues. It still runs like hot garbage, often falling far under 60 FPS with a GTX 1070 at 1080p without even maxing the settings out. I don't recall it ever crashing on me, though.

Seems like a fairly common problem, though I haven't experienced it in the 100+ hours I've played.  But I haven't really played it since March and since then, a ton of DLC has been added to the game.  And the mods I used were mostly just voice packs and minor UI changes.

But yeah, just refund it.  XCom 2 has, unfortunately, been a bit of a letdown due to how unoptimized and buggy it was.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

27 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

If the game doesn't work just refund it...

I bought the game in a local shop and they dont support refunding the game if it doesnt work

Ok i finally found the cause of the problem and i blame fucking Microsoft for it. I noticed that my virtual RAM usage was around 95% when xcom2 is running. I did a fresh windows 10 installation a month ago and windows capped the virtual RAM at 1 GB while the little box below recommends 2 GB.... So i switched to let windows handle the RAM size instead of a limit.

The funny thing is that my real RAM never went over ~70% usage.

I played multple hours since then without a crash.

I am just quoting you guys that you know it was my pcs fault :)

On 14.9.2016 at 8:51 PM, Nineshadow said:

On 14.9.2016 at 8:57 PM, manikyath said:

On 14.9.2016 at 9:00 PM, typographie said:

On 14.9.2016 at 9:09 PM, Drunken Savior said:

Bought it in Release Week, not a single Crash.

On 14.9.2016 at 9:19 PM, Teddy07 said:

I bought the game in a local shop and they dont support refunding the game if it doesnt work

Avoid  Shop 2.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 9/15/2016 at 2:00 PM, Teddy07 said:

Ok i finally found the cause of the problem and i blame fucking Microsoft for it. I noticed that my virtual RAM usage was around 95% when xcom2 is running. I did a fresh windows 10 installation a month ago and windows capped the virtual RAM at 1 GB while the little box below recommends 2 GB.... So i switched to let windows handle the RAM size instead of a limit.

The funny thing is that my real RAM never went over ~70% usage.

I played multple hours since then without a crash.

I am just quoting you guys that you know it was my pcs fault :)

Ah cool, glad it's working.  I still hope they can optimize it more, but I'm kind of resigned to it being what it is now.  Thanks for the update!

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU