Windows 7 Drivers Installation Help

Bop
Go to solution Solved by zMeul,
2 minutes ago, Bop said:

Ooooohhhh okay so all of the windows stuff should be on the disk correct? So thats a valid windows destination. And I would just save it as a ISO and then burn that onto the disk after? if i'm following lmao

I've looked over the process and disk to disk should work:

Step2.jpgStep3.jpg

Okay so after some great help by the LTT Community i figured out how to fix my first problem. But now i'm installing windows and no Drivers show up... none show up at all. No windows drivers and i'm not sure what to do.It asks me to chose what drivers I want to install or what Driver. and none show up for me no matter how many times I refresh. I'm not sure what to do......  Again my specs are below if anyone can help please do <3

Intel Core I3 6100 3M 3.7Ghz (Stock Cooler)

AsRock H110M-HDV LGA 1151

Single Channel 8GB Crucial RAM

Zotac GTX 960 2GB

SanDick Ultra 2 480GB SSD Sata 3

EVGA 500W 80+

NZXT S340 MidTower

You need some way of connecting to the internet. Any Haswell or later CPU won't be able to go to sleep and will have general graphically limiting issues. If your motherboard doesn't connect to the internet with ethernet out of the box then you're going to have to grab the driver from Asrock's website using another PC and a USB flash drive or use the driver disk and then update the drivers.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Go to the device manager an make a picture so we could see which components get no driver. They are normally marked with a yellow shield. 

17 hours ago, zMeul said:

do you see the drives in the BIOS?

also, go into BIOS, boot section and make sure CSM compatibility is set to enabled

manual page 64: ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/H110M-HDV.pdf

It's a fresh install of windows and a brand new pc. I shouldn't have any drivers installed already besides Bios. But my Windows 7 dosen't want to recongonize my ASRock driver dick and take the drivers from it so they can install. So i'm not sure. i downloaded all of them onto a flash drive and put them into the Pc and they still didn't show up. So i'm not sure if I have to do anything special to the USB or not.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

I seriously don't understand what the problem is, post a picture

I'm unable to post a picture at the moment. But if you remember you helped me figure out my Windows 7 Install keyboard question where I thought it was "freezing". After that I proceeded to install windows. Pressed "Install Now" and it brought me to the first Menu "Install Drivers" and i'm greeted by a box that says "A required CD/DVD drive device is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows media is in the CD/DVD Drive, you can safely remove it for this step." So i put in my ASRock drivers CD provided by my motherboard. Press okay, and I get this message. "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the instillation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK." So after a while of trying to get that to work I said you know what I'll just go download all the drivers and put them on A USB flash drive and have it scan that instead so I know it gets all drivers. Nope, none of them showed up, and I tried USB 3.0 and 2.0 plugins. So i'm stuck. No Drivers are showing up and i'm unable to install windows.... I hope this explained it a little better.

1. you're pressing the wrong button as you should be pressing the browse button as you have to locate and load the required driver.

2. what you need to download is the SATA floppy image which contains the correct file, but you'll have to extract the files from that image since you won't have a floppy drive around (you might be able to get away with downloading the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility since it's possible it has the correct driver as well).

3. Windows 7 has limited support for skylake processors and you should be installing windows 10 (you will have to do it in 4 years since that is when support for windows 7 ends).

4 hours ago, Bop said:

I'm unable to post a picture at the moment. But if you remember you helped me figure out my Windows 7 Install keyboard question where I thought it was "freezing"

are you installing from a USB thumb drive?! if yes, you need to inject Intel's USB XHCI drives into the install - you need to do this on a different PC

follow these instructions: http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/index.html

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

are you installing from a USB thumb drive?! if yes, you need to inject Intel's USB XHCI drives into the install - you need to do this on a different PC

follow these instructions: http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/index.html

I'm installing Windows from a Disc, but my Disc Driver is a USB one. It isn't attatched to my PC. It's External. Would that be causing any problems?

2 minutes ago, Bop said:

my Disc Driver is a USB one. It isn't attatched to my PC. It's External. Would that be causing any problems?

absolutely

find a SATA DVD drive

or inject the USB drivers into the install kitt

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

absolutely

find a SATA DVD drive

or inject the USB drivers into the install kitt

Is there a way to like burn the files from a disk onto a CD so I can turn that into a bootable so that I can do the Intel USB thing?

1 minute ago, Bop said:

Is there a way to like burn the files from a disk onto a CD so I can turn that into a bootable so that I can do the Intel USB thing?

you can use the external disk you already have, plus a USB thumb drive (I think 8GB minimum) - but you need to do the process on a different PC with a functioning Windows 

be warned, it will take a while

Just now, zMeul said:

you can use the external disk you already have, but you need to do the process on a different PC with a functioning Windows 

I'm on one currently. Does the link you sent before explain how to do so? With the intel thing?

Just now, Bop said:

I'm on one currently. Does the link you sent before explain how to do so? With the intel thing?

yes, you just need need to follow the instructions

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

yes, you just need need to follow the instructions

So would I connect my External Disk Drive to this PC currently, and install the tool and run it and for the burn destination chose the CD? And for the windows destination also chose the CD?

Just now, Bop said:

So would I connect my External Disk Drive to this PC currently, and install the tool and run it and for the burn destination chose the CD? And for the windows destination also chose the CD?

I haven't done it from a DVD to a DVD but I'm guessing it's right

or you should create it as a .iso and then use that .iso to burn the disk

Just now, zMeul said:

I haven't done it from a DVD to a DVD but I'm guessing it's right

or you should create it as a .iso and then use that .iso to burn the disk

Ooooohhhh okay so all of the windows stuff should be on the disk correct? So thats a valid windows destination. And I would just save it as a ISO and then burn that onto the disk after? if i'm following lmao

2 minutes ago, Bop said:

Step2.jpgStep3.jpg

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Step2.jpgStep3.jpg

Okay thank you so much! Now just where do I find an install for this xD