Digital Art Beginner Help

I am a young person that wants to start with digital art and design..... I would like to have your feedback on the hardware I am getting. I will be using are Photoshop and adobe illustrator but I would like to know if you have any better ideas. I am a left hander. 

I will be purchasing the Huion H610 tablet

• CPU AMD FX 8320E  Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P  RAM 8 GB Hyper X Fury 1866 mhz  GPU GTX 970 Strix 4gb OC  Case Antryx Verom  Storage 120 GB Kingston v300 and 1Tb Hard Drive  PSU Cooler Master GX750 80 Plus Bronze  Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus  Mouse Logitech G602 and Roccat Kova  Operating System Windows 10

Just now, MLGTurnip said:

I am a young person that wants to start with digital art and design..... I would like to have your feedback on the hardware I am getting. I will be using are Photoshop and adobe illustrator but I would like to know if you have any better ideas. I am a left hander. 

I will be purchasing the Huion H610 tablet

ftfy

:)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, themctipers said:

ftfy

:)

? What do you mean?

• CPU AMD FX 8320E  Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P  RAM 8 GB Hyper X Fury 1866 mhz  GPU GTX 970 Strix 4gb OC  Case Antryx Verom  Storage 120 GB Kingston v300 and 1Tb Hard Drive  PSU Cooler Master GX750 80 Plus Bronze  Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus  Mouse Logitech G602 and Roccat Kova  Operating System Windows 10

Just now, MLGTurnip said:

? What do you mean?

was broken on night mode for me, ftfy stands for fixed that for you

i honestly have no knowledge on this however.. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

was broken on night mode for me, ftfy stands for fixed that for you

i honestly have no knowledge on this however.. 

Ok, I thought you tried to say something to me.

There's a few reviews and coverage of this brand's tablet. But I would compare the specs/stats between the one you mentioned and the one that clementk suggested. At a quick glance it seems (you'll have to double check this), that the Huion tablet has more if not double the sensitivity and lip then the wacom. 

HUION H610 USB Graphics Drawing Tablet Specification:

Technology: Electromagnetic Digitizer
Active Area: 10" x 6.25"
Hand Input Resolution: 4000 LPI (Lines per Inch)
Report Rate: 220 RPS (Revolutions per Second)
Pressure Sensitivity: 2048 Levels

Vs

Wacom

Movement Resolution2540 lpi
Performance133 points per second
Pressure Levels1024

If you go wacom, their driver support is pretty great. Can't say I know anything about Huion though.

In the end it comes to personal choice. Doesn't matter the brand as long as it's reliable and offers the tools you need. 

I had a huion tablet, I think it's the H550, it's an older generation but about that same price point. I would go with an equivalent Wacom option, the huion won't be any better, if at all, and the Wacom will have better driver support and will be made better (I had to bend the pins of the charging connector several times, and the pen was constantly having issues). Honestly, I would really just advise that you get a tablet and practice. It's not going to matter so much what you get, so long as you have the talent and the knowledge of digital drawing techniques.

hmmm maybe @Minibois has some knowledge here since he does some drawing digitally.

to my knowledge wacom tablets are the best to go for, although the become quickly overpriced when their size increases.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

4 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

to my knowledge wacom tablets are the best to go for, although the become quickly overpriced when their size increases.

They are like the industry standard, but I do agree they become overpriced easily.  Perhaps the OP can look for a second hand Intuos or Bamboo, great for practicing without spending too much.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

8 hours ago, MLGTurnip said:

I will be purchasing the Huion H610 tablet

I have talked with a couple of people who have Huion tablet and always hear the same complaints:

- Driver support is often not that good

- (Compared to Wacom) they are a small company and thus the technical customer support is less

- They are less out there, so community support is also less

- Pen is heavier than Wacom's pens (because Huion pens either uses sometimes AAA batteries or a rechargeable battery)

These are very important things though and are reasons I have spoken to a couple of people who switched from a Huion tablet to a Wacom tablet. Wacom tablets still also have issues, but seem to have them far less (from personal experience I can say the software is pretty good).

As such I have heard many people (who had a Huion tablet) say they would recommend going to a Wacom tablet. 

For the price of the tablet you linked, you could get a tablet like the Wacom Intuos Draw. These tablets also have very good left handed support, as there are button on both the left and right side of the tablet.

As for the software, yeah Photoshop and Illustrator are good. Of course some people like other software, but it's mostly personal preference. For example people say they like stuff like SAI, Krita, Corel Painter or whatever more for digital painting, etc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 hours ago, Minibois said:

I have talked with a couple of people who have Huion tablet and always hear the same complaints:

- Driver support is often not that good

- (Compared to Wacom) they are a small company and thus the technical customer support is less

- They are less out there, so community support is also less

- Pen is heavier than Wacom's pens (because Huion pens either uses sometimes AAA batteries or a rechargeable battery)

These are very important things though and are reasons I have spoken to a couple of people who switched from a Huion tablet to a Wacom tablet. Wacom tablets still also have issues, but seem to have them far less (from personal experience I can say the software is pretty good).

As such I have heard many people (who had a Huion tablet) say they would recommend going to a Wacom tablet. 

For the price of the tablet you linked, you could get a tablet like the Wacom Intuos Draw. These tablets also have very good left handed support, as there are button on both the left and right side of the tablet.

As for the software, yeah Photoshop and Illustrator are good. Of course some people like other software, but it's mostly personal preference. For example people say they like stuff like SAI, Krita, Corel Painter or whatever more for digital painting, etc.

I get what you are trying to say but I have done some research and I have found that for the price the huion tablet is overall better. I would like a wacom tablet but the huion tablet is bigger and cheaper at the same time, so this decision has been made very hard for me.

17 hours ago, PCNoobie said:

what is your budget?

Not much, 40 - 70 bucks maybe.