Any Changes or compatibility issues?

Badger1661
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
1 hour ago, Badger1661 said:

hey im sorry to ask again. Ive decided to switch the 6700 to the 6700k. Ive updated the list and was wondering if you could let me know if the motherboard will allow for overclocking.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NTF34C

Thanks 

i dont believe the b150 socket allows overclocking, but the 6700k is still worth it as it has a much faster base clock.

I would go for a better power supply. Maybe a 650W

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

5 minutes ago, shanmu54321 said:

I would go for a better power supply. Maybe a 650W

thanks, any other changes?

You are buying a over clockable cpu therefore you should definitely buy a z170 motherboard & cryorig C1 cpu cooler.  

8 minutes ago, Badger1661 said:

Hey so im trying to build a mini ATX build for my girlfriend, and wanted to know if this was the best I could get for this price range. $1700 is my max.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cBYbLD

Thanks!

Just now, Sahil10416 said:

You are buying a over clockable cpu therefore you should definitely buy a z170 motherboard & cryorig C1 cpu cooler.  

its not overclockable. its jjusts the i7-6700! Thanks for the help anyways

7 minutes ago, Badger1661 said:

its not overclockable. its jjusts the i7-6700! Thanks for the help anyways

okk, then i would strongly recommend you to save some money from other parts (keyboard, hdd etc) & go for a i7 6700k setup. Buying a 6700 is wastage of money when there is no much price difference between 6700 & 6700k.

The PSU Watts is good enough for a build like this, so only reason would be if the PSU has a track record of being bad.

For the cooler, you can fit a bigger one in the 350D then you selected. To what I read for max cooler height you could also fit the Scythe Fuma. It has 2 fans, that also adds to extra airflow in case + it has better and quieter results then your selected. Think the small extra cost is worth that.

Could save money if you don't need the optical drive. But depends on old games or if you play DVD.

I don't see him on partspicker yet, but I know that there is a Samsung 750 evo 500 GB aswell. Probably a nice bit cheaper, with almost similar performance that would be hard to notice realisticly.

The 1070 is fine, but if she only plays at 1080p 60Hz the 1060 is also good enough for that.

Apart from that, make sure that any Wifi adapter is worth it in performance so look at user reviews and experiences, since cabled is prefered and Wifi behind PC can have much interference.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

3 minutes ago, Gonio said:

The PSU Watts is good enough for a build like this, so only reason would be if the PSU has a track record of being bad.

For the cooler, you can fit a bigger one in the 350D then you selected. To what I read for max cooler height you could also fit the Scythe Fuma. It has 2 fans, that also adds to extra airflow in case + it has better and quieter results then your selected. Think the small extra cost is worth that.

Could save money if you don't need the optical drive. But depends on old games or if you play DVD.

I don't see him on partspicker yet, but I know that there is a Samsung 750 evo 500 GB aswell. Probably a nice bit cheaper, with almost similar performance that would be hard to notice realisticly.

The 1070 is fine, but if she only plays at 1080p 60Hz the 1060 is also good enough for that.

Apart from that, make sure that any Wifi adapter is worth it in performance so look at user reviews and experiences, since cabled is prefered and Wifi behind PC can have much interference.

Thanks for all the help. She needs the 1070 from what youve said, and Ill have a look at a different cpu cooler.

Thanks again mate!

Np mon. Have fun with building. Should be a very nice gaming rig for a couple of years. :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

25 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Np mon. Have fun with building. Should be a very nice gaming rig for a couple of years. :)

Hopefully my girl likes it. Thanks once again

1 hour ago, Gonio said:

hey im sorry to ask again. Ive decided to switch the 6700 to the 6700k. Ive updated the list and was wondering if you could let me know if the motherboard will allow for overclocking.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Badger1661 said:

Thanks 

i dont believe the b150 socket allows overclocking, but the 6700k is still worth it as it has a much faster base clock.

What  Brooksie says is correct. you need the Z170 platform for OCing, but the K version has indeed a better standard clock and boostspeed.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list