All my components are in a shopping cart...too nervous to click submit :l Last minute opinions, anyone?

EricSartor

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/ericsartor/saved/#view=CMhP6h

I've got all these parts ready to go in shopping carts from NewEgg and DirectCanada...but nerves are getting the better of me, I can't click submit xD

Anyone have any last minute opinions on this build?  I'm planning on putting the two SSDs in RAID 0, I've already got one in my current computer that I'm just going to swap out.  The two 80mm fans are going to go in the back of the case as exhaust fans, and the liquid cooler radiator will replace the case's 200mm built in fan as an intake.  Going to be doing almost solely gaming on this (probably some VR eventually), will use my current computer for all other tasks.  I need someone to tell me "yes, buy these parts!" before I'll be able to pull the trigger :P

2 minutes ago, EricSartor said:

I've got all these parts ready to go in shopping carts from NewEgg and DirectCanada...but nerves are getting the better of me, I can't click submit xD

Anyone have any last minute opinions on this build?  I'm planning on putting the two SSDs in RAID 0, I've already got one in my current computer that I'm just going to swap out.  The two 80mm fans are going to go in the back of the case as exhaust fans, and the liquid cooler radiator will replace the case's 200mm built in fan as an intake.  Going to be doing almost solely gaming on this, will use my current computer for all other tasks.  I need someone to tell me "yes, buy these parts!" before I'll be able to pull the trigger :P

get windows home, not pro, pro versions are such a money waste for solo gaming, and make you sure that you OC if you're gonna play at 1080p 144hz to avoid 1070's bottleneck

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

Not sure an OC will help you with that bottleneck but wont be very significant either way.

Double check and make sure everything physically fits.

Just now, Blackhole890 said:

get windows home, not pro, pro versions are such a money waste for solo gaming, and make you sure that you OC if you're gonna play at 1080p 144hz to avoid 1070's bottleneck

Does Windows 10 Home support software RAID?  I didn't think it did...also, I don't have a 144hz monitor and probably won't for a while, so I should be fine without OC right?

1 minute ago, EricSartor said:

Does Windows 10 Home support software RAID?  I didn't think it did...also, I don't have a 144hz monitor and probably won't for a while, so I should be fine without OC right?

You won't notice a bottleneck on 60Hz. So yes, you'll be fine without an OC.

Stop right now

Get your windows from kinguin.net

its 100$ cheaper. Use that money saved to either get a hard drive, because 500gbs is really not a lot of space. 

If you are planning on reusing an old hdd, then just pocket that saved cash. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Not sure an OC will help you with that bottleneck but wont be very significant either way.

Double check and make sure everything physically fits.

Are you saying I would need to OC my CPU to avoid bottlenecking my 1070?

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

Stop right now

Get your windows from kinguin.net

its 100$ cheaper. Use that money saved to either get a hard drive, because 500gbs is really not a lot of space. 

If you are planning on reusing an old hdd, then just pocket that saved cash. 

I'm putting two 500GB SSDs in RAID 0, for 1TB of storage, purely for gaming, nothing else, so I'm not too worried about space.

7 minutes ago, EricSartor said:

Anyone have any last minute opinions on this build?  I'm planning on putting the two SSDs in RAID 0, I've already got one in my current computer that I'm just going to swap out.  The two 80mm fans are going to go in the back of the case as exhaust fans, and the liquid cooler radiator will replace the case's 200mm built in fan as an intake.  Going to be doing almost solely gaming on this (probably some VR eventually), will use my current computer for all other tasks.  I need someone to tell me "yes, buy these parts!" before I'll be able to pull the trigger :P

if you're a student you can get windows 10 education edition which basically is better than windows 10 pro and its free in my country. you can check it here: 

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/edu

Are you saying I would need to OC my CPU to avoid bottlenecking my 1070?

i'd recommend getting a better psu. the NEX's quality is fine, but the performance is terrible.the seasonic G550 is much better for a few bucks less. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

i7-9980x 4.20mhz - 19.8 terraflops of ram - 512mb GENERIC VIDEO_CARD - 20w PSU with hyperthreading. 

1 minute ago, GoldSolitude said:

I've heard that it's supposed to bottleneck in scenarios where you want to push 144Hz, but that 1440p and 4K will do better.

It was widely discussed on the forums before.

I would change the case, but maybe you like it, so everythings ok in that direction.

And i would take windowws 10 home, as far as i know it also supports raid. overall good build

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, GoldSolitude said:

Yeah as I was watching this, I noticed he was referencing a 4690K....so it seems like I'll be safe with a 6600K.

Yeah as I was watching this, I noticed he was referencing a 4690K....so it seems like I'll be safe with a 6600K.

no, the 6600k will still bottleneck in 1080p, but mostly in 144hz. 60hz won't have much of a bottleneck. you can blame the misinformation on years of 'i5 IZ ENOUGH' propaganda.

Not that much of a difference if a 4690k bottlenecks a 6600k will to

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

in 1080p 144hz, it will bottleneck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhaB1dqYv_I

So if I'm gamgin at 60HZ 1080p I should be fine, or if I were to up to 144HZ 1440p, I would probably still be safe from bottlenecking?  That's what I'm hearing :) If I was ever going to get a 144HZ monitor, I would probably get a 1440p resolution anyways.

Just now, GoldSolitude said:

This is why you overclock 

and you think everyone wants to overclock? not everyone is comfortable with overclocking their processors, and the i7 will provide less stuttering and better performance in streaming/editing/rendering/recording.

So if I'm gamgin at 60HZ 1080p I should be fine, or if I were to up to 144HZ 1440p, I would probably still be safe from bottlenecking?  That's what I'm hearing :) If I was ever going to get a 144HZ monitor, I would probably get a 1440p resolution anyways.

i'm not sure about 144hz 1440p. you'll have to ask some of the other members in the forum.

At 1080p it will bottleneck,if your gaming at 60Hz its not that much of a big deal,if your gaming at 144Hz your losing frames by frames with going i5 instead of i7 and just cutting yourself of glory,at 1440p the bottleneck will not be that big and marginal,but if you can pay for a 1440p,144Hz monitor you can surely add a couple pennies for a i7...

Wow you guys have really opened my eyes about this i5/1070 issue...

Is there actually a good reason to get an i7 if I am ONLY going to use it for gaming?  Especially if I get a 144hz 1440p monitor down the line?  Or would it be better to try overclocking the i5?   I do have a watercooler so it's certainly possible.