Mayflower Objective2 and SupremeFX IMPACT

sazr

So I saw Linus' video on Mayflower's Objective 2 amp, and was wondering if they'd be a good buy for someone with an Asus Z87 IMPACT (I'm planning to buy one).

What do you guys think? I'd be using some nice headphones, probably in the range of HD600s, or at least HD598s.

Yes, it will be better than the on board audio. Also it will be amped.

Quote me to get a reply!

Thanks for the answers!

I'll have to think about this: the only reason I was going for an IMPACT was for the "sound card". However, for the price difference between other Z87 mini-ITX boards, I might be better off getting a cheaper board and an O2 w/ ODAC...

Thanks for the answers!

I'll have to think about this: the only reason I was going for an IMPACT was for the "sound card". However, for the price difference between other Z87 mini-ITX boards, I might be better off getting a cheaper board and an O2 w/ ODAC...

There are other features within the board that I would pay extra for. The DAC on that board should be sufficient. If your budget can swing it, pick up the motherboard and just buy an amp.

I'll have to think carefully... I don't really need the features on the IMPACT besides the sound card, and cheaper mobos can get the same overclock.

The thing that bothers me is that if I buy the O2+DAC I'll have a versatile solution for the future. If I buy only the amp, I'll probably have to buy a DAC in the future.

I'll probably buy a MSI Z87I, it's $100 cheaper. And I'll use the extra money to get the O2+DAC

the HD5xx series isn't that power hungry and a dedicated amp isn't really necessary for them.

if you're leaning towards the hd600's I'd say go for the amp.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

There are other features within the board that I would pay extra for. The DAC on that board should be sufficient. If your budget can swing it, pick up the motherboard and just buy an amp.

What features?  The color scheme?  It's an ITX board for crying out loud.

I'll probably buy a MSI Z87I, it's $100 cheaper. And I'll use the extra money to get the O2+DAC

I don't think the MSI onboard is going to be noticeably better or worse to begin with, so that sounds like a great idea.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."