Asus BIOS fan tuning

bloodstrike11

Hi guys, I have an ASUS X99 deluxe II mobo and I want to know how to connect chassis fans on the mobo to CPU temperature. During gaming, the CPU is adequately cooled but the GPU temp exceeds 80c as the chassis fans are connected to the cpu temp instead of GPU temp.

i7-5930K@4.7Ghz | Asus X99-E-WS/USB 3.1 | Corsair Vengance 32GB DDR4@2666Mhz | Duo Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming | Samsung 950Pro 512GB | LSI 9260-8i RAID Card | 6x 1TB Samsung 850 Pro (RAID5) | Corsair AX1200i |  Fractal Design Defiine R5 Black | MetaDot DasKeyboard4 Professional | Logitech G900 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Asus PG348Q

34 minutes ago, bloodstrike11 said:

Hi guys, I have an ASUS X99 deluxe II mobo and I want to know how to connect chassis fans on the mobo to CPU temperature. During gaming, the CPU is adequately cooled but the GPU temp exceeds 80c as the chassis fans are connected to the cpu temp instead of GPU temp.

The board can't do this without the use of the external temp sensors.  Motherboards don't monitor GPU temps, but can through the use of external sensors.

Use one of the external temp sensors that came with your Asus x99 Deluxe II.  Plug it into the external temp sensor header that's on the board, or use one of the 3 extra external temp sensor headers found on the extra fan controller board that came with the motherboard.  With the x99 Deluxe and x99 Deluxe II, you can hook up to 4 total external temp sensors for monitoring things like ambient air or water temps.  

Once the sensor is installed and monitoring the GPU temp externally, you can regulate whichever chassis fans you wish based on the temps provided by that specific external temp sensor.

In my case I have 2 water temp sensors added to my loop, one of which is immediately after the GPUs.  I can set the motherboard to ramp up the radiator fans based on the temperature of the water as it leaves the GPU blocks.  There's really no need for me to do this on a regular basis, but I set it up to have that option.

I hope that helps.

160912102303.jpg

You need Speedfan for using GPU temp as base.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv