Watercooling newbie needs some help :)

Searinox

Hey :) so as the title says i need some help with watercooling. Thing is i want to get a custom soft tubing loop into my pc (case nzxt phantom 410) and im planing on getting a kit probably from ek. So far thats alright but i might want to take in the Gpu, msi gtx 980ti, and im not quite sure what block and fittings and whatever there is i need to take since i found various opinions about that and im confused :D can someone maybe help me out a bit? :)
Thanks in advance :)

13 minutes ago, Searinox said:

-SNIP-

For that case it's not ideal but if you can squeeze in a dual 240mm rad that would give you ample cooling for both a CPU and GPU loop. I usually recommend the P360 kit but without modifications that case can't hold that so going for something like a P240 and building on that is a good idea. 

What's the parts in your PC? I'll help you. 

Can your case support a fat radiator? The radiators that Corsair uses on their AIO's like the H100 are thin, compared to some of the EK radiators. 

so i was thinking about a new case which one would go for watercooling? Also i7 6700k msi gtx980ti asus z170 pro gaming 730w psu most important parts right? And yeah i noticed that there might not be enough space in that case so since i was thinking about getting another.... there i got my excuse ^^

P.S.: was thinking about a h440 from nzxt or a cube from corsair if that helps

2 minutes ago, Searinox said:

P.S.: was thinking about a h440 from nzxt or a cube from corsair if that helps

The H440 is a very good option, some other good ones are the Defines S or Phanteks series of cases. 

i dont see too much space for res in the phanteks....maybe i just got the wrong case or im just thinking wrong ....so lets stick with the 440 for now

Edit: just saw the entoo evolv and there i see lots of space ^^

2 minutes ago, Searinox said:

i dont see too much space for res in the phanteks....maybe i just got the wrong case or im just thinking wrong ....so lets stick with the 440 for now
Edit: just saw the entoo evolv and there i see lots of space ^^

Say in both those cases since they can house a 360mm rad you could get something like the P360 kit and add in a GPU block while still having good cooling if you wanted to have it dead silence when at full load adding some extra rad space isn't a bad idea. For the fittings they are 3/8"ID 1/2"OD so if you added a GPU in just with the 360mm rad you will only need two extra fittings. 

what about the L or S series from ek? like p and x are quite some bucks with 330+

5 minutes ago, Searinox said:

what about the L or S series from ek? like p and x are quite some bucks with 330+

The P series is usually the one I always recommend since it uses a D5 pump which is one of the best regarded ones for watercooling, as for the others while they use the DDC which would be second up next to the D5. Other than that the P360 kit has a thicker rad and Supremency evo series of waterblocks. 

alright so that is good i guess...so now about the gpu like i read that there are problems witht some waterblocks since its a msi card and some blocks dont fit....which one to take?

1 minute ago, Searinox said:

alright so that is good i guess...so now about the gpu like i read that there are problems witht some waterblocks since its a msi card and some blocks dont fit....which one to take?

Ek has a cooling configurator, if you enter your specific model it should tell you what blocks are compatible:

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

alright seems good and then im just following instructions ^^ thank you very much :) and i can choose between these 2 fittings you told me?

1 minute ago, Searinox said:

alright seems good and then im just following instructions ^^ thank you very much :) and i can choose between these 2 fittings you told me?

It would be theses fittings the ID and OD are the inner and outer diameters of the tubing:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-acf-fitting-10-13mm-nickel

alright :) well that should be it for now thank you very much kind sir ^^