wat is up with that Core 15 project?

i am fed up with that Core 15 project i am getting 2 weeks nothing more then a core 15 projects with my GTX660ti's and i have never seen a core 17 project again. i have set my beta flags on advanced but still i a getting this terrible project from 130K to 55K PPD. core15 just dont work good with Nvidia cards. time to keep pushing to complete my AMD GPU folding rig :)

Does anyone have this problem to?

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

When you set up flags to get core17 WU it makes your client available for core17 and you may not always get core17 WU. Since core15 was made for Nvidia it makes sense you would get it more.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

but if it is made for Nvidia cards why do i have that low of a PPD?  credit is only 5K per core project wich i pretty awfull to stare on. from 130K on Core17 and 50K on core15 projects.

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

but if it is made for Nvidia cards why do i have that low of a PPD?  credit is only 5K per core project wich i pretty awfull to stare on. from 120K on Core17 and 50K on core15 projects.

From what I know Core15 is old technology and core17 is new technology.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

core17 projects are only worth more because they are beta and you get many bonus points when completing them. It seems they are running out of them because the last few days I have been only getting core15 projects as well. It is a bummer but when core17 projects are out of beta we will probably not see such high ppd with them. Not sure about that tho...

BTW core15 = Nvidia, core16 = AMD, core17 = Both. 

the thing is, there are core 15 wu's out there and they need to be folded, they can't just remove them just because the new cores give more ppd.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

core17 projects are only worth more because they are beta and you get many bonus points when completing them. It seems they are running out of them because the last few days I have been only getting core15 projects as well. It is a bummer but when core17 projects are out of beta we will probably not see such high ppd with them. Not sure about that tho...

BTW core15 = Nvidia, core16 = AMD, core17 = Both. 

core_17 is out of beta. it's advanced.... and it does work better on AMD because AMD has more raw power.

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

core_17 is out of beta. it's advanced.... and it does work better on AMD because AMD has more raw power.

I didn't say anything about performance... It may be out of beta but I still get core_17 on beta flagged gpu's. 

I didn't say anything about performance... It may be out of beta but I still get core_17 on beta flagged gpu's. 

true. i was just netioning that OP probably won't see as good of ppd as someone with an equivalent AMD gpu

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

i have the flag on my gtx 660 ti and thats all i have been getting is core 15 my 7850 has been getting core 17 just not my 660ti.

I honestly think it comes in waves. I have a few days where I have constant core_15 projects, however; starting last night I have gotten all core_17 projects on both my 660 ti's. I am not sure how long this will stay for but I like the PPD boost lol. 

FYI guys - core15 are specific for NVidia cards. core16 are for AMD.

Now, AMD fans - you will only get core17 now because... they are out of core16. But us lucky NVidia folders still need to work through remaining core15.

SO - let me state RIGHT NOW - 100k PPD on a GPU was unheard of before core17 - why? NOT because any card is better - but they give more points for beta/advanced projects. The amounts you see on Core15/16 where what we were all used to previously. That was as good as you got. As I have speculated before, once core17 comes out of advanced testing, I am guessing we will see PPD on these drop. Perhaps significantly as FAH won't be handing out some many bonus points. 

FYI - on a core17 right now, my estimated credit is 15K - but the PPD is 110K - that is a LOT of bonus points.

To counter - a 8104 on my 4P has a base, yes BASE, credit of 245K and a PPD of 333K. :)

Also to counter @Commissar, not to argue about green versus red, but one of the reasons why AMD do perform a bit better on core17 than equivalent NVidia cards is they were created to specifically test and develop this, to bring AMD back in line as NVidia used to crush AMD. Yes, NVidia also do well on them, but this core was about make AMD a viable option again...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

F@H is trolling me! instead of ranking upward im ranking downwards. 3de week going in that stuped core15 project.

wzon.png

i really hate that Core15 project my points are been destroyed. time to invest money on amd gpu's

F@H is trolling me! instead of ranking upward im ranking downwards. 3de week going in that stuped core15 project.

i really hate that Core15 project my points are been destroyed. time to invest money on amd gpu's

Ya, it freaking sucks. Hopefully these can be cleared up quickly...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99