Ram Abnormal?

No it's just a special piece of ram, just because it's abnormal doesn't mean it's worse. Stop being ram-ist.

/shitpost

Real post: Idk dude, I've never seen this happen before. Maybe try switching the RAM slots just to see if it's the slot, that can at least narrow it down for you.

1 minute ago, Knaj said:

No it's just a special piece of ram, just because it's abnormal doesn't mean it's worse. Stop being ram-ist.

/shitpost

Real post: Idk dude, I've never seen this happen before. Maybe try switching the RAM slots just to see if it's the slot, that can at least narrow it down for you.

Tried all the slots, same response. 

You can try running memtest86 on it and see if it gives you any errors. Maybe its dying, or maybe it just got picked on in high school. Hard to tell.

I'm not sure what mobo or RAM you are using, but I have an Asus X79 board where I'm using Dual Channel kits in a Quad Channel arrangement like you are.  All I can tell you is that my setup is hypersensitive to overclocking of the RAM.  It basically CAN'T be done.  It's probably the particular RAM DIMMs I'm using from Patriot.  But suffice it to say, any real effort to run my RAM out of spec leaves one or two sticks in 'Abnormal' if it even POSTS.  No lie, I once got only HALF of one stick to ding up.  Only 4GB of the 8GB stick was detected by the system.  Don't ask me HOW the heck that even POSTed for me to see it.  ...I run it within spec for obvious reasons. :P

14 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm not sure what mobo or RAM you are using, but I have an Asus X79 board where I'm using Dual Channel kits in a Quad Channel arrangement like you are.  All I can tell you is that my setup is hypersensitive to overclocking of the RAM.  It basically CAN'T be done.  It's probably the particular RAM DIMMs I'm using from Patriot.  But suffice it to say, any real effort to run my RAM out of spec leaves one or two sticks in 'Abnormal' if it even POSTS.  No lie, I once got only HALF of one stick to ding up.  Only 4GB of the 8GB stick was detected by the system.  Don't ask me HOW the heck that even POSTed for me to see it.  ...I run it within spec for obvious reasons. :P

I'm using HyperX 1866 1x 8GB and two 4GB the 8GB is the problem.

23 minutes ago, OMGitsGhost said:

I'm using HyperX 1866 1x 8GB and two 4GB the 8GB is the problem.

Well, that won't even get you dual channel operation.  It could simply be 'Abnormal' if the RAM is asymmetrical.  I'd google around for that specific case on Asus boards and see if that can also result in 'Abnormal' report.