I've managed to completely confuse myself

PIlllIE

I've managed to completely confuse myself as far as buying a camera. I was originally sure I'd get an a6000 after my first round of research and review checking, but at this point I'm having a fair amount of issues deciding. I'd really like to take suggestions and advice for this. 
Priorities for what it needs to do, in order:
1. Shoot clear, high quality video. I want to do small cinematic projects/short films, so something that is good for amateur film projects is the goal. 
2. Be something I can take with me everywhere somewhat easily. This is why I'm leaning pretty heavily towards mirrorless, because I'd like something that I can carry with me just about anywhere, and I'd like to take it with me places as much as possible.
3. Take good stills. While my focus is on video, I still enjoy still photography, and I'd like to be able to use this for things like portraits and such.

Things like 4k are a definite bonus, but I don't plan to export video in 4k, I'd use it more for crop stabilization/reframing and such, and therefore its not an absolute priority.
I have a decently large stock of FD lenses, so as long as I can adapt those to the lens mount I'm fine (I plan on buying at least one general purpose lens for the camera, but replacing the 10 or so lenses I already have would be way too costly)
I have a budget of around 500-600 for the body, although I'm going to be buying it around black friday, so I'm very open to suggestions in price ranges that are slightly above that, since I may be able to find them for discounted prices
My current list of cameras that I'm looking at mostly are:

Lumix G7 (Seems to have the best video quality at the price range)
Sony a6000 (Seems to be a balanced overall package, with good video, stills and form factor)
Rebel t6/t5i (I'd be able to get more lenses for this, since its the cheapest base and comes with pretty low-cost kit lenses)
Pentax KS-2 (Also has decent kit lens deal, though I can't find much about its video performance)

Sorry for asking so many questions, thank you guys! <3

7 minutes ago, PIlllIE said:

I've managed to completely confuse myself

And now you've managed to completely confuse me too, plus on top of that I didn't know anything about cameras anyway so I'm triple confused by all of this. I need a slice of cheesecake. (ಠ︵ಠ)

I'm a veterinarian...

Which one offers the best benefits with the least compromises? It sounds like you're leaning towards the Sony (balanced overall package). If you couldn't find info for a product, I'd probably strike it off my list (referring to Pentax).

From what I read, the G7 looks to be very good with stills and video but does it fit your lenses?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

27 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

And now you've managed to completely confuse me too, plus on top of that I didn't know anything about cameras anyway so I'm triple confused by all of this. I need a slice of cheesecake. (ಠ︵ಠ)

Lol. if only linus was here (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

3 hours ago, PIlllIE said:

1. Shoot clear, high quality video. I want to do small cinematic projects/short films, so something that is good for amateur film projects is the goal. 

You're overthinking things.... way way overthinking things.  The Sony A6000 should be good enough for any of the things you want to do and it's small and lightweight to meet your travel requirements.

As for "small cinematic shorts, projects, amateur film stuff", concentrate on learning cinematic filming techniques, story telling, editing, color grading.  In fact, when it comes to these types of projects, knowing how to film the necessary scenes is more important than the camera used (especially at your budget level).

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

13 hours ago, ALwin said:

You're overthinking things.... way way overthinking things.  The Sony A6000 should be good enough for any of the things you want to do and it's small and lightweight to meet your travel requirements.

As for "small cinematic shorts, projects, amateur film stuff", concentrate on learning cinematic filming techniques, story telling, editing, color grading.  In fact, when it comes to these types of projects, knowing how to film the necessary scenes is more important than the camera used (especially at your budget level).

Yeah, I figured I was really overthinking. Thank you!