my Nintendo NX concept idea

Nagby

Hello, yes, this is self promotion

here is the presentation :

i made those a pretty long time ago, but the video just got done
so it is inspired by old informations we had about the NX/Fusion (high performance terminal console mostly)

I mostly emphasized on having an original shape for the terminal (even if it has a very square front)
but also being functionnal (for cooling and charging pads on top)
and for the DS, the various handling possibilities (normal 2 screen for a DS, closed with only the transparent screen visible, open at 180° with a screen on each side, or in a tent for 2 players with a screen each)

so what do you think about it?

(you can look around and download the 3D models here : 
https://grabcad.com/library/nintendo-terminal-nx-idea-1
https://grabcad.com/library/nintendo-ds-nx-idea-1 )

Interesting, though it'd likely cost way more to produce than people would be able to afford or willing to pay for a Nintendo console.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's interesting that you've decided to go back to the good ol' volume wheel.

10 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Interesting, though it'd likely cost way more to produce than people would be able to afford or willing to pay for a Nintendo console.

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

My biggest criticism about this is that it goes against a lot of what Nintendo's industrial design philosophy is.

I mean, think Steve Jobs and his insistence on a compact, almost fanless machine with a clean design.

that was induced by the old rumors of very high performance consoles

and doing an inexpensiv one would have been less free for design

5 hours ago, Xepher1 said:

It's interesting that you've decided to go back to the good ol' volume wheel.

i really want this to come back xD

because you can change the volume at the speed you want, and see the volume level, even if the device is off or just freezed

so you won't have the awkward splashscreen sound in a crowded room

the old DS had a slider but it is a bit harder to control precisely than a wheel

i had a laptop from 2006 with a wheel for volume and a mechanical lock for the screen, that was the good old times