First PC cheaper rig first upgrades tips needed

Hello there! Over this past summer I decided that I wanted to get a low end gaming rig to start upgrading. I was wondering what was potentially the best parts to replace first, link to the pc down below, or google skytech archangle. thanks for the tips 

Amazon link- https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Archangel-ST-FX6300-8GB1TB-GTX750TI-Computer-FX-6300/dp/B01CUZKM3C 

google - SkyTech Archangel ST-FX6300-8GB1TB-GTX750TI Gaming Computer (AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz 6-Core 2GB Graphic, 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3, 24X DVD, Windows 10)

is there any games that don't run that you would like to if not then don't upgrade. only upgrade if you need to or if you want your rig to look really god

4 minutes ago, hellboy123 said:

Hello there! Over this past summer I decided that I wanted to get a low end gaming rig to start upgrading. I was wondering what was potentially the best parts to replace first, link to the pc down below, or google skytech archangle. thanks for the tips 

Amazon link- https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Archangel-ST-FX6300-8GB1TB-GTX750TI-Computer-FX-6300/dp/B01CUZKM3C 

google - SkyTech Archangel ST-FX6300-8GB1TB-GTX750TI Gaming Computer (AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz 6-Core 2GB Graphic, 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3, 24X DVD, Windows 10)

AMD CPUs (excluding Zen) should just be avoided for pretty much every purpose. They're not really that powerful and their power efficiency is years old (as their architecture is). The 750 Ti is not a good value at all (it's old and at its time it was mid-range). And I haven't even talked about the motherboard. I would consider creating a rig from scratch, that's pretty much always the best value.
I have good starting points for a custom rig with that budget

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

So if I am reading you correctly you already purchased that computer and wanting to upgrade it over time. Unfortunately the only good part of that computer is the case and that could even be questioned. There really is not upgrade path for it since you are staring with a fx-6300 processor you could go to a fx-8350 or something but it really does not give you that much of a performance boost since its based on technology from 2012. Honestly I suggest saving up $800 and building yourself a decent intel rig since those have a very good upgrade path to follow. I made the mistake of going with AMD about 2 years ago and it worked but the upgrade path is baron. I finally built a intel rig and could not be happier.  

Budget?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, Adalhelm said:

So if I am reading you correctly you already purchased that computer and wanting to upgrade it over time. Unfortunately the only good part of that computer is the case and that could even be questioned. There really is not upgrade path for it since you are staring with a fx-6300 processor you could go to a fx-8350 or something but it really does not give you that much of a performance boost since its based on technology from 2012. Honestly I suggest saving up $800 and building yourself a decent intel rig since those have a very good upgrade path to follow. I made the mistake of going with AMD about 2 years ago and it worked but the upgrade path is baron. I finally built a intel rig and could not be happier.  

Actually I didn't notice he already bought it (if he did). Anyways, I've had a really similar experience to yours (I had an FX 8320 which I replaced with the i5 4690k and it's night and day), that's why I'm never suggesting AMD non-Zen CPUs (we'll see if Zen is actually good stuff soon)

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

GPU can always be upgraded, but if you change CPU it could also probably mean a new mobo. This can give new troubles with your Windows since to what  I know the license is bound to your mobo. But if you are gaming first I would switch GPU. However as others mentioned CPU is a real close second but that might be difficult as mentioned.

And a SSD wouldn't be a bad upgrade either.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, LionSpeck said:

Actually I didn't notice he already bought it (if he did). Anyways, I've had a really similar experience to yours (I had an FX 8320 which I replaced with the i5 4690k and it's night and day), that's why I'm never suggesting AMD non-Zen CPUs (we'll see if Zen is actually good stuff soon)

Yeah I am really worried about Zen. AMD lost all their good CPU people along time ago and I think I saw somewhere that the Zen guy left them mid project and they are just scraping together the pieces he left and selling it. AMD really is only holding on because of their control of the console market but even that could change in the not so distant future. 

1 minute ago, Gonio said:

GPU can always be upgraded, but if you change CPU it could also probably mean a new mobo. This can give new troubles with your Windows since to what  I know the license is bound to your mobo. But if you are gaming first I would switch GPU. However as others mentioned CPU is a real close second but that might be difficult as mentioned.

And a SSD wouldn't be a bad upgrade either.

Changing CPU and mobo is less intrusive than doing so with a GPU, you just have to download new drivers. As for the Windows license, that's just impossible that it is "stored" on the mobo (where?), it's bound to the installation you have on the drive. But it's true that from a practical way changing graphics card is easier, because you don't have to remove pretty much all the components to reach CPU and board and assemble the PC all over again

2 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

Changing CPU and mobo is less intrusive than doing so with a GPU, you just have to download new drivers. As for the Windows license, that's just impossible that it is "stored" on the mobo (where?), it's bound to the installation you have on the drive. But it's true that from a practical way changing graphics card is easier, because you don't have to remove pretty much all the components to reach CPU and board and assemble the PC all over again

Have  to disagree with you. A CPU and mobo less intrusive? Don't know where you get that from, but would say it's same as GPU or even more hassle. For GPU is only new drivers aswell.

His kind of system is overall OEM, and is bound to your setup. In Windows 10 it seems that Windows accepts changes to all parts, but if the mobo is swapped this could render his key useless. Not saying it happens always, but is a risk.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Just now, Gonio said:

Have  to disagree with you. A CPU and mobo less intrusive? Don't know where you get that from, but would say it's same as GPU or even more hassle. For GPU is only new drivers aswell.

His kind of system is overall OEM, and is bound to your setup. In Windows 10 it seems that Windows accepts changes to all parts, but if the mobo is swapped this could render his key useless. Not saying it happens always, but is a risk.

Windows key is NOT bound to mobo nor CPU, there's no physical way to do so without compromising hardware security (if Windows can modify the BIOS's eeprom, every application / virus can do it) and there is no need to do so. Windows writes the key in its system files in the main partition and MAYBE in the recovery partition as well. But no motherboard or anything else, search online if you want to be sure. Also I'm not trying to force you to think it the same way I do or to attack you, but it's that I've informed myself deeply (also I changed motherboard from MSI 970 to ASUS Z97 and Windows is activated on the SSD) and I know for facts that Windows cannot and has no reason to store information on the motherboard itself.

5 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Also yes, I know that practically changing CPU and board is more intrusive, but software wise it's not, it's just a matter of new drivers

O, you can ofcourse share your thoughts and ideas aswell. So np for me since I do the same. Just sharing my thoughts and tell what I know and since I am human I can also be wrong.

But suggest you also google OEM license from windows 10. It can deactivate your license and make reactivating impossible if mobo is swapped. And where did you get from that I say that it is stored on the mobo? I never said or mentioned that...

1 Thing I see you hammer on is the driver/software part, so let me ask in the hope you can explain the difference: why are GPU drivers more intrusive then mobo drivers? With the ammount of things related  to drivers I would say they are both equally needed? And are there not more drivers related to your mobo then your GPU what only is also a driver?

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

30 minutes ago, Gonio said:

O, you can ofcourse share your thoughts and ideas aswell. So np for me since I do the same. Just sharing my thoughts and tell what I know and since I am human I can also be wrong.

But suggest you also google OEM license from windows 10. It can deactivate your license and make reactivating impossible if mobo is swapped. And where did you get from that I say that it is stored on the mobo? I never said or mentioned that...

1 Thing I see you hammer on is the driver/software part, so let me ask in the hope you can explain the difference: why are GPU drivers more intrusive then mobo drivers? With the ammount of things related  to drivers I would say they are both equally needed? And are there not more drivers related to your mobo then your GPU what only is also a driver?

GPU drivers are soooo much intrusive, I've seen a lot of people that going from Nvidia to Nvidia (not blaming on that brand in particular) had problems and instability on the system and they needed to "purge"the graphics driver (which consists in uninstalling driver and deleting all configs and leftovers, and believe me there's a TON of them, especially in system folders).
Also in general, changing from Nvidia to AMD or vice versa leaves a lot of stuff that in many cases made the system unstable. This is mainly why I think that software wise changing video card seems so easy, but can in reality be so tedious