New GTX 1060 build

nzpancakes

This is my final part list for my pc that i am going to be making. I would like to know if there is anything that i should change or if a part is too overpowered for something like this or if something is not compatible or if i am missing something. I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions! Thank you for your time!

Pc Specs:

CPU 50d6d4332c55b9c1acc39474c5cefde2.256p.jpg $227.99       $227.99 SuperBiiz   Buy

CPU Cooler ddea57de9797549e80d05fb3acb2e83d.med.256p.jpg $34.88 -$10.00     $24.88 OutletPC   Buy

$10.00 mail-in rebate

Motherboard 6a792d27a833e57a932444004cd5a2b0.256p.jpg $107.99   FREE   $107.99 SuperBiiz   Buy

Memory 8a52c262133d08b308565be62caa3cf8.256p.jpg $85.99   FREE   $85.99 Newegg   Buy

Add Additional Memory  
Storage 41-wZDoaNwL.jpg $37.99       $37.99 NCIX US   Buy

381207fcd3c13610d787357c9cae8627.256p.jpg $47.33       $47.33 OutletPC   Buy

Add Additional Storage  
Video Card no-image.png $249.99       $249.99 SuperBiiz   Buy

Case 31mydny6ErL.jpg $76.99       $76.99 NCIX US   Buy

Power Supply a4a40fbe050996aebbc73368a3d3449d.256p.jpg $84.99 -$10.00 FREE   $74.99 Newegg

Get a better PSU. I'd say to go for the EVGA supernova 650 G2. It won't burn your house and you down

2 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Get a better PSU. I'd say to go for the EVGA supernova 650 G2. It won't burn your house and you down

Why would you say it would burn my house down? also isnt this way more than sufficient?

Just now, nzpancakes said:

Why would you say it would burn my house down? also isnt this way more than sufficient?

I've had bad experiences with that power supply. At my school, i help out the librarian who also doubles as the tech guy with upgrading some of the older computers with ssds and more ram. The power supply for those computers was the rose will that you have. One of them started smoking when i was testing them under load and the other one just plain out didn't work. Of course, that's out of almost 50 computers but still, your chances are still pretty high

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

I've had bad experiences with that power supply. At my school, i help out the librarian who also doubles as the tech guy with upgrading some of the older computers with ssds and more ram. The power supply for those computers was the rose will that you have. One of them started smoking when i was testing them under load and the other one just plain out didn't work. Of course, that's out of almost 50 computers but still, your chances are still pretty high

Ok I will take your word for it and switch but im probably going to still go with something the same wattage and price

The Matx board might look a little awkward in the ATX Case.

Also, chuck an SSD in there and thank me later 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I would definitely put an SSD in there, it really speeds up and improves the responsiveness of the computer doing everyday tasks.

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

The Matx board might look a little awkward in the ATX Case.

Also, chuck an SSD in there and thank me later 

Im not going to be that picky on the looks but if you have another suggestion i would take it into mind, also i already have an ssd

1 minute ago, jcw150 said:

I would definitely put an SSD in there, it really speeds up and improves the responsiveness of the computer doing everyday tasks.

I already have an ssd but thank you

10 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

The 

Rosewill 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

is the one that started smoking correct?

5 minutes ago, nzpancakes said:

The 

Rosewill 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

is the one that started smoking correct?

Yes, although it didn't catch on fire, it was over heating like crazy and melted the wire's plastic wrap

45 minutes ago, nzpancakes said:

I believe this is the one that the other person said started smoking

The Rosewill Capstone is a very good power supply made by SuperFlower. They also make the EVGA G2.