Which graphics card?

Vaderthegamer
3 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

Hey guys. Im building my first pc and i want to know what graphics card to get. It will be gtx 1070, but i dont know which one. I was thinking founders edition, but could you give me suggestions pc part picker:http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gbHv3F

Location and budget(although less relevant here), prefered reseller?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Please specify what your usage scenario will be so that people could help you better :) 

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

Either cards is the same..
AIB card often has more fan,higher clock speed and sometimes more Vram.
But they has same performance though AIB cards is slightly better,just slightly.

That doesn'T asnwer his question and the question can certainly be answered.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

The AMP! Extreme, Strix OC, or FTW will get the best performance but other cards can get that performance for less. And that AIO is SHIT with your chip. Your 5820K will likely overheat. Get either a 240mm plus cooler or something like the Dark Rock 3 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

anything other then the Founders that is the same price or cheaper then the Founders, most of the aftermarket cards have better coolers which will help them retain the higher boost clocks longer then the founders does so they are the preferred choice, I'm leaning toward the Asus Strix card since it fits my build color wise and peaks around 70C just like my CPU.

Personally I prefer Strix OC. However EVGA is good too.

I say Asus Strix OC 1070.

7 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

Hey guys. Im building my first pc and i want to know what graphics card to get. It will be gtx 1070, but i dont know which one. I was thinking founders edition, but could you give me suggestions pc part picker:http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gbHv3F

Ive got the Asus ROG strix version in SLI and its great. I think the best versions out there are the ROG strix, MSI gaming X and EVGA SC (There's palit too but it's not available everywhere). It depends if you want to overclock it further more or leave it with the speed they give you. They will all reach the same range of overclock has it's blocked to a certain level. It's all sillicon lottery at that point. What you can look into is the cooling capacity and design if you don't plan to watercool. The MSI and Asus one cool really well and look great, that's the ones I would recommend.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

5 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

anything other then the Founders that is the same price or cheaper then the Founders, most of the aftermarket cards have better coolers which will help them retain the higher boost clocks longer then the founders does so they are the preferred choice, I'm leaning toward the Asus Strix card since it fits my build color wise persoanlly

Love my strix 1070.  Don't bother with the rog oc version.  My strix boosts to 2114, memory to 9200, and boosted beyond the oc of the more expensive version right out of the box.

My recommendations are

1. If available the Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix because it is a cool and quiet model with 3 years of warranty but beware of the size. It is massive.
  2. Next is the EVGA 1070 FTW which is just a little louder and hotter but has also a great looking cooler - EVGA also offers great customer service.
  3. the MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X is the loudest of the 3 but also offers far higher power target - something I personally would want to exchange for a little bit reduced noise but that was MSI's choice.

The Asus Strix OC is to loud has a to low power target but the temps are fine. Imho would not get this one but with some tweaking you could probably tame the cooling for less noise and still very good temps.
The Zotac Amp! Extreme is quieter than the Strix but louder than the MSI and has the largest power target of all 1070 which might be the reason why it comes with the highest factory OC. Zotac also offer s a warranty extension program that allows you to extend your warranty to 5 years if you register your product.

Either of these can be considered good but I would go for one of the top 3 I listed If I can. If you have any further question please feel free to ask.

3.Use

Would sugest not to take a founders edition. Aftermarket coolers are almost always a significant better choice then the founder edition performance wise and for noise. Only thing that might be usefull in certain scenario's is the blower style, but for the case you plan to use I would say that you have ample airflow in your system to handle the heat that gets in the case. And you can always add a extra fan for a small cost, allthough I think that is not needed.

Remember that a slightly higher overall system temp is no big deal. As Crunken mentioned those brands are all good options, think that out of the box results for those 3 brands are overall in favor for EVGA in the tests I have seen for those 1070's. But results vary. Anyway I see no reason to not go aftermarket cooler type besides a possible higher budget.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

2 hours ago, Gonio said:

Would sugest not to take a founders edition. Aftermarket coolers are almost always a significant better choice then the founder edition performance wise and for noise. Only thing that might be usefull in certain scenario's is the blower style, but for the case you plan to use I would say that you have ample airflow in your system to handle the heat that gets in the case. And you can always add a extra fan for a small cost, allthough I think that is not needed.

Remember that a slightly higher overall system temp is no big deal. As Crunken mentioned those brands are all good options, think that out of the box results for those 3 brands are overall in favor for EVGA in the tests I have seen for those 1070's. But results vary. Anyway I see no reason to not go aftermarket cooler type besides a possible higher budget.

Thanks everyone, ive found my card. An msi gtx 1070 gaming x for the same price. 

2 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

My recommendations are

1. If available the Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix because it is a cool and quiet model with 3 years of warranty but beware of the size. It is massive.
  2. Next is the EVGA 1070 FTW which is just a little louder and hotter but has also a great looking cooler - EVGA also offers great customer service.
  3. the MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X is the loudest of the 3 but also offers far higher power target - something I personally would want to exchange for a little bit reduced noise but that was MSI's choice.

The Asus Strix OC is to loud has a to low power target but the temps are fine. Imho would not get this one but with some tweaking you could probably tame the cooling for less noise and still very good temps.
The Zotac Amp! Extreme is quieter than the Strix but louder than the MSI and has the largest power target of all 1070 which might be the reason why it comes with the highest factory OC. Zotac also offer s a warranty extension program that allows you to extend your warranty to 5 years if you register your product.

Either of these can be considered good but I would go for one of the top 3 I listed If I can. If you have any further question please feel free to ask.

1)  great card, massive.

2) great card, great power delivery, overpriced. Ugly cooler imo.

3)great power delivery (not as good as ftw though), terrible led, only red and black.

The strix power target isn't an issue, and allows my card to hit 2114 mhz.  Also extremely quiet and cool.

Bottom line is that power target isn't really important, as all of the cards are locked to 1.092v, and the card isn't power starved even over clocked.   Silicon lottery is more important than ever with pascal, and far more than brand, the lottery will determine your clock speed.  Somewhere between 2ghz and 2.15hz, for nearly every make and model.  Power delivery, target, cooling, none have shown conclusive correlation with performance.   Whereass before you might be able to say get the matrix,or kingpin, or vapor x or lightning card to get the best overclocking on your 980ti, fury, 290x or what have you card,  with pascal nearly nothing but the lottery will determine your final clock speed.  There's founders cards bidding 2150 while an gta struggles to get over 1950, and vise versa.

Palit jetstream/Gamerock, or Gainward Phoenix.

EVGA (any Dual Fan model), or MSI Gaming.

The cheapest of those.

But if you are getting a basic 1080p / 60 Hz monitor, why don't you just get a Freesync monitor, and a RX 480 gb??

I would probably prefer having smooth Frametimes with Freesync, than 40% more pure Performance. ^^

The GTX 1070 Founders edition it has more power than the others and has faster performance too

7 minutes ago, Bulldog In Mars said:

The GTX 1070 Founders edition it has more power than the others and has faster performance too

Moar power AND faster performance?  Go go founders ranger.

12 minutes ago, Bulldog In Mars said:

No, not really. The Founders is the worst 1070 you can buy at all.

It has the WORST cooler, and runs into Temperature target and Power target faster, and won't have a high boost clock.

And it will be LOUD.

And of course, most expensive.

Buying the founders is the most redarded stupid thing you can do this generation, by FAR. Nvidias marketing is genius here. Selling the worst cooler for the highest price.

There are custom models for 100 bucks less, that are alot more quiet, and have a hgher clock speed. And MUCH better tempertures.

So yeah.. Founder's Edition = Fail Edition = Fanboy Edition.

Only one worse is the 1080 founder's, which si SO incredible Piss-shit, that it can't even hold it's boost clock speed.it Throttles HARD because it run's unto temperature target out of the box.

On 9/8/2016 at 7:13 AM, Darkseth said:

No, not really. The Founders is the worst 1070 you can buy at all.

It has the WORST cooler, and runs into Temperature target and Power target faster, and won't have a high boost clock.

And it will be LOUD.

And of course, most expensive.

Buying the founders is the most redarded stupid thing you can do this generation, by FAR. Nvidias marketing is genius here. Selling the worst cooler for the highest price.

There are custom models for 100 bucks less, that are alot more quiet, and have a hgher clock speed. And MUCH better tempertures.

So yeah.. Founder's Edition = Fail Edition = Fanboy Edition.

Only one worse is the 1080 founder's, which si SO incredible Piss-shit, that it can't even hold it's boost clock speed.it Throttles HARD because it run's unto temperature target out of the box.

Oh LOL i mean the FTW edition or the Superclocked edition by EVGA