Screen randomly turning blue or white, now PC won't boot

Hello, long time no speak!

I have been having problem with my computer (obviously). The problems started when my computer screen randomly turned blue and stripey. I shrugged this off as a random occurrence, pressed the reset button and started using my computer again no problem. About an hour later the same thing happened but this time the screen turned white instead. Once again I pressed the reset button and continued to use my computer.

This time much sooner the blue screen problems reoccurred and when I attempted to restart my computer the boot up screen had red vertical lines on it and my PC failed to boot and the screen stayed black. Once this happened I switches from display port to DVI using the same monitor and my computer worked as normal again. 

This morning I had the same problems as yesterday using both display port and DVI so I decided to switch monitors. This resulted in the red line on start up problem and my computer booting to a black screen. 

Any suggestions are appreciated! 

TL;DR: Screen randomly turned blue and white, switched monitor, cable and input options none of these help and PC now boots to a black screen.

Computer specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055t w/ Dark Rock 2 

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx 

RAM: 8gb corsair vengeance. 

GPU: XFX Radeon 7950 

Storage: 128 GB Kingston SSD - 1TB WD Blue partitioned - 500GB WD Blue 

Normal monitor: NEC MultiSync 27' (EA273wmi)

Spare monitor used for testing: Asus NV247H 

Pictures below

Spoiler

IMG_20160905_184119.jpg

IMG_20160905_184900.jpgIMG_20160905_184821.jpg

Twitter | Steam |

have you tried to use an other pcie slot on your motherboard or an other gpu if you have one or put your current gpu in an other pc cause i fear that the gpu might be dead

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Just now, malon said:

have you tried to use an other pcie slot on your motherboard or an other gpu if you have one or put your current gpu in an other pc cause i fear that the gpu might be dead

Yeah that is what I am worrried about too, I don't have another GPU of the same quality or spec but I could use the GT 750 out of my dads HP and use his PC to test my GPU? 

Twitter | Steam |

Just now, hawthorne said:

Yeah that is what I am worrried about too, I don't have another GPU of the same quality or spec but I could use the GT 750 out of my dads HP and use his PC to test my GPU? 

if his powersupply is strong (500+ watt)enough anf the gpu fits you could give it a go

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Just now, malon said:

if his powersupply is strong (500+ watt)enough anf the gpu fits you could give it a go

Yeah that is something I will have to check. If not I will only be able to test my his GPU in my pc. I will also try my GPU in another PCI slot (if i can) and get back to you! 

Twitter | Steam |

@malon 

Moving the graphics card to a different PCI slot made my pc work for about 5 mins before the same problems happened and my pc booted to a black screen. 

Using my dads GT545 everything is fine now I have drivers installed. Used or about an hour earlier with no problems and everything is still running smoothly. 

What now? 

Twitter | Steam |

14 minutes ago, hawthorne said:

@malon 

Moving the graphics card to a different PCI slot made my pc work for about 5 mins before the same problems happened and my pc booted to a black screen. 

Using my dads GT545 everything is fine now I have drivers installed. Used or about an hour earlier with no problems and everything is still running smoothly. 

What now? 

I am afraid your card is dying or died 

1 hour ago, hawthorne said:

@malon 

What now? 

shame to hear that, all i can recommend is to look for a new card tbh since it is clearly that your brave card has lost his life.

If you are short on money you can look for a secondhand card(don't know how much second hand gpus go for in london), or get a new card like the rx470or above for amd or a gtx 970,980,1050 gb or higher for nvidea.

I would suggest not to go to the amd r9 cards because a quick google proved me right to think that the r9 cards are more expensicve than the rx lineup in the uk

2 hours ago, youtuber1744 said:

I am afraid your card is dying or died 

7 minutes ago, malon said:

shame to hear that, all i can recommend is to look for a new card tbh since it is clearly that your brave card has lost his life.

If you are short on money you can look for a secondhand card(don't know how much second hand gpus go for in london), or get a new card like the rx470or above for amd or a gtx 970,980,1050 gb or higher for nvidea.

I would suggest not to go to the amd r9 cards because a quick google proved me right to think that the r9 cards are more expensicve than the rx lineup in the uk

I am more that short on money atm. Going back to uni in a couple days and I need my computer for my course. Will look into a 970 on ebay. Will it be bottlenecked by my cpu?

Twitter | Steam |

3 minutes ago, hawthorne said:

I am more that short on money atm. Going back to uni in a couple days and I need my computer for my course. Will look into a 970 on ebay. Will it be bottlenecked by my cpu?

It will be a bit bottlenecked im afraid, nothing to severe but it will.

Anyway even with a cpu bottleneck it will be a good upgrade, and a 970 should be a good/decent card for the comming 2 or 3 years in gaming or whatever you need it for

16 minutes ago, malon said:

It will be a bit bottlenecked im afraid, nothing to severe but it will.

Anyway even with a cpu bottleneck it will be a good upgrade, and a 970 should be a good/decent card for the comming 2 or 3 years in gaming or whatever you need it for

I am moving away from gaming more and more so I dont need the most powerful card. 

Twitter | Steam |