Powering my new 1070 FTW

Ardy

Hi guys, so i'm not sure about one thing, i just bought a new 1070 FTW edition and it has 2 8pin connectors, my psu is the EVGA 550 Supernova GS, it has 2 connectors on the psu Vga 1 and Vga 2, should i use both to power up the GPU or just one? Because both my cables have 2 6+2 connectors each so i was wondering if i should use them both or just use one.

Doesn't matter.

I would use only 1 cable, because otherwise you will have 2 dongles hanging around. But if you use just 1 cable, it will look better.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, Simon771 said:

Doesn't matter.

I would use only 1 cable, because otherwise you will have 2 dongles hanging around. But if you use just 1 cable, it will look better.

I'd like to keep only one cable but i was wondering if 215W TDP wasn't too much for one single cable.

27 minutes ago, Ardy said:

I'd like to keep only one cable but i was wondering if 215W TDP wasn't too much for one single cable.

Yeah one cable is just fine :)

I was once also wondering about that and even made similar topic. Got same respond back then that single cable is more than enough and can easily handle 250W TDP.

I was using single cable for R9 390 nitro, and you know that GPU was taking a lot of power. Never had any problems.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

10 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Yeah one cable is just fine :)

I was once also wondering about that and even made similar topic. Got same respond back then that single cable is more than enough and can easily handle 250W TDP.

I was using single cable for R9 390 nitro, and you know that GPU was taking a lot of power. Never had any problems.

Thanks man, i appreciate. I'll use only one just for the cleaner look.

It's pretty alright. Just installed one for a pc I just built. Sadly it isn't mine.

You can get a cable that has 6 pins on one side and 2x 8 pins on the other. I always use cables like that, because the more cables you have the harder it is to cable manage :D