best laptop for no more than £1000 with a dedicated gpu

matthewtet
Go to solution Solved by matthewtet,

Depends to what extent you determine "gaming" to be.

I'm at uni atm and i can easily game on my ultrabook with a dedicated GPU. Granted, it's not the greatest but it can easily play games on good frames. 

If you're interested OP, i'm using this.

If you want more power, have a look at MSI GE series;however, you sacrifice the form factor for the added performance.

that laptop u linked is very nice and is the case aluminium?

Hi everyone, i have been needing a laptop for university as i cant use my gaming pc at university because it uses too much electricity. (side note i have to move out of parents house to go to university because i live on an island without education that goes that far) i would like a laptop that is very solid and is powerfull enough that i can still play games with my friends and i need it to be fairly thin so i can easily transport it between classes. any recomendations will be appreciated and just another side note: UK websites only please. thanks

Intel i5-3470 | MSI Twin Frozr IV GTX 770 | 64GB Kingston SATA 3 SSD | 1TB WD Black

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

You wont find a thin gaming laptop for £1k

Its not thin but it is pretty darn good for the price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231067908671

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I would suggest an MSI one, looks pretty fancy and I heard great reviews about them. I haven't looked on other sites so you might want to check out for that. But here on amazon there is this one for 999 pounds. 

MSI GE40

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

i cant use my gaming pc at university because it uses too much electricity.

Lolwut...did the university complain?

I'm at uni atm and i can easily game on my ultrabook with a dedicated GPU. Granted, it's not the greatest but it can easily play games on good frames. 

If you want more power, have a look at MSI GE series;however, you sacrifice the form factor for the added performance.

Sorry mate but the only laptop I can think of that fullfills those needs and is even close to 1K Sterling is this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GS70-2OD-021UK-17-3-inch-processor/dp/B00EOQPZ1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381767390&sr=8-1&keywords=msi+gs70 = 1649.99 Sterling

Other then that you are quite out of luck :(

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Very true! I just auto assumed he wanted a gaming laptop. :wacko:  If gaming at high to ultra settings isn't need then you can easily get something thinner

Sorry for misreading :P

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Its not thin but it is pretty darn good for the price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231067908671

sorry that laptop is only 870 dollars and that is about 540 pounds in the uk so i am wanting to spend £1000 on one. but thanks for that help

Intel i5-3470 | MSI Twin Frozr IV GTX 770 | 64GB Kingston SATA 3 SSD | 1TB WD Black

Lolwut...did the university complain?

no they didnt it is just that the electricity bill would cost too much for me to handle along side rent and other bills.

sorry that laptop is only 870 dollars and that is about 540 pounds in the uk so i am wanting to spend £1000 on one. but thanks for that help

Never met someone who doesnt like something half the price :P how about this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00COQIKB4

Never met someone who doesnt like something half the price :P how about this?

that is an american website and i live in the uk. also it isnt the most portable laptop being 17.3 inches. its not the most practical lugging that around university.

Sorry mate but the only laptop I can think of that fullfills those needs and is even close to 1K Sterling is this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GS70-2OD-021UK-17-3-inch-processor/dp/B00EOQPZ1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381767390&sr=8-1&keywords=msi+gs70 = 1649.99 Sterling

Other then that you are quite out of luck :(

that is a very nice laptop but it doesnt need to be that powerfull. but i would love it if i could afford it. thanks for the help though

Everything but the base is aluminium. Feels very nice.

that is a very nice laptop but it doesnt need to be that powerfull. but i would love it if i could afford it. thanks for the help though

Always Buddy :)

Hope you enjoy the laptop and get some good grades! :)

Isn't that what we all would like to? ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Always Buddy :)

Hope you enjoy the laptop and get some good grades! :)

Isn't that what we all would like to? ;)

thanks, i hope i get good grades aswell. il just need to work my a** off