AOC G2260VWQ6 - Anyone used it?

LoneWallyUK

Where did this AOC brand even came from? Theyr tech specs sound like bogwash, when applied to the real world. Being so cheap and they call themselves "The Worldwide Leader in Display Manufacturing".... Like wtf xd? Thats LG and Samsung, but okay.

Groomlake Authority

I have several AOC's in my building, they are not the best, by any means are quite dim most of the time, imo. 

What if, your legs. Didn't Know. They were legs????

17 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Where did this AOC brand even came from? Theyr tech specs sound like bogwash, when applied to the real world. Being so cheap and they call themselves "The Worldwide Leader in Display Manufacturing".... Like wtf xd? Thats LG and Samsung, but okay.

AOC have been around since the CRT days... they're by no means a new company and are recognised world-wide.

23 minutes ago, chriswallace said:

Does anyone have any experience with this monitor?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-g2260vwq6-22-1920x1080-tn-freesync-1ms-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-034-ao.html

PC has a RX480 in it and looking at monitors with display port. This is the cheapest I've seen and at less than £100 it is very tempting.

AOC produce some fantastic gaming monitors nowadays. I had a quick look at some reviews and it seems to be a solid monitor, fantastic specs for the price. The negatives I could find seemed to lean towards the stand it uses but that's easily fixed with a third party mount.

2 minutes ago, Coombzy said:

-snip-

So this random cheapo brand makes monitors that are fantastic? As fantastic as Asus tough, are they?

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

So this random cheapo brand makes monitors that are fantastic? As fantastic as Asus tough, are they?

Its not a cheapo monitor brand... its a solid brand that makes cheap monitors. AOC have been around making monitors for years, I think you need to research before coming to conclusions.

3 minutes ago, Coombzy said:

-snip-

I asked you because you seem to have done the research .-.. Question is, are theyr monitors better than Acer at least?

Well, i searched in theyr website "UHD-4k" and no results were found x-x, yet theres an option for such.

Groomlake Authority