Long term upgrade build

I have a fairly meh PC at the moment. The spec is:

CPU : Intel Core i5 15-2400 3.1GHz (not overclocked)

RAM : 12GB Hyper X Fury DDR3

SSD : 240GB (can't remember the exact model)

GPU : Nvidia GTX 570

Motherboard : ASRock Z75 Pro3

I've been thinking about a spec for a goal build, but I intend to upgrade my current one as I go. I'd like some help coming up with an ordered list of components to get such that I'd get to a very high end build, without paying loads of money in one go. I'm ideally trying to get each purchase under £700-800. I'm also looking at a big case to fit in lots of components and so I can go all the way up to XL-ATX motherboards if there is a benefit there.

I have compiled a few component ideas, these being as follows:

CASE : Corsair Graphite 780T White

MOTHERBOARD : ASUS Rampage V Extreme/U3.1

CPU : Intel Core i7 6850K (I need few fast cores for gaming, but lots of not as fast ones for other things I do, so I'd need to find a balance)

RAM : As much Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x16GB DDR4 2666MHz C15 RAM as the motherboard will handle

GPU : 2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 running in SLI

The prices I have found for these have a maximum cost of around £620 per piece, which is at the top end of my budget (I don't have a solid income yet but I can save £500 in around 2-3 years).

Can I have some recommendations for further components to finish it off? And then of course I need to come up with an order i which to get these to keep everything as compatible as possible.

Thanks for any help.

9 minutes ago, OTheB said:

I have a fairly meh PC at the moment. The spec is:

CPU : Intel Core i5 15-2400 3.1GHz (not overclocked)

RAM : 12GB Hyper X Fury DDR3

SSD : 240GB (can't remember the exact model)

GPU : Nvidia GTX 570

Motherboard : ASRock Z75 Pro3

I've been thinking about a spec for a goal build, but I intend to upgrade my current one as I go. I'd like some help coming up with an ordered list of components to get such that I'd get to a very high end build, without paying loads of money in one go. I'm ideally trying to get each purchase under £700-800. I'm also looking at a big case to fit in lots of components and so I can go all the way up to XL-ATX motherboards if there is a benefit there.

I have compiled a few component ideas, these being as follows:

CASE : Corsair Graphite 780T White

MOTHERBOARD : ASUS Rampage V Extreme/U3.1

CPU : Intel Core i7 6850K (I need few fast cores for gaming, but lots of not as fast ones for other things I do, so I'd need to find a balance)

RAM : As much Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x16GB DDR4 2666MHz C15 RAM as the motherboard will handle

GPU : 2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 running in SLI

The prices I have found for these have a maximum cost of around £620 per piece, which is at the top end of my budget (I don't have a solid income yet but I can save £500 in around 2-3 years).

Can I have some recommendations for further components to finish it off? And then of course I need to come up with an order i which to get these to keep everything as compatible as possible.

Thanks for any help.

Well if this is a more long term upgrade then I recommend purchasing the GPU first as 1080's are the newest GPU's on the market and wont be replaced for at least a year now. Although in the category of CPU's the new Intel Kaby Lake Mobile i7 7500U processor should be releasing soon as we can see in LInus latest video so if this is a long term upgrade I recommend waiting and purchasing the new CPU as if you buy one now with several months it will be degraded by the new Kaby Lake processors.

If you don't have a solid income and can only save £500 over 2 - 3 years then you are going to end up with obsolete components. 

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

If you don't have a solid income and can only save £500 over 2 - 3 years then you are going to end up with obsolete components. 

That is definitely one of my concerns, but 2 years of college and I'm going to Uni, and then I'll be getting at least some income, which will decrease that time period - even if only slightly.

1 hour ago, OTheB said:

That is definitely one of my concerns, but 2 years of college and I'm going to Uni, and then I'll be getting at least some income, which will decrease that time period - even if only slightly.

Another issue if you buy in stages is you have no way of knowing if a component is faulty or not. I would just wait until you have the money to build a working pc. 

I don't see why. I would be upgrading my existing PC towards this intended spec, so if a part is faulty, I'll know as soon as I put it in.