HDD not visable in windows installation

aidenrelkoff

So i am trying to install windows and i cant see the 500gb seagate HDD that i have connected.

It is visible in the BIOS and if i connect it to another computer with windows installed, i can see it and store files on it just fine.

So why cant i see it in the windows installation menu? It says I can "load a driver" to detect more hdds, where would i fine a driver for my hdd?

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Have you tried using another port on the motherboard?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Is your installation medium a USB stick? if so, make sure it is plugged onto a USB 2.0 port.

Just now, Vadise said:

Is your installation medium a USB stick? if so, make sure it is plugged onto a USB 2.0 port.

They're clearly within the Windows installation software since they're getting the option to "Load a driver," which would be a Windows option.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Just now, Vadise said:

its a usb 2.0 stick plugged into a usb 2.0/ps2 combo port

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Have you tried using another port on the motherboard?

yes i have, but ill try again

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

They're clearly within the Windows installation software since they're getting the option to "Load a driver," which would be a Windows option.

Only reason I mentioned it, is because I had a very similar problem when I installed Win10 on my machine. It would not detect my SATA drives, and when I switched to USB2, lo and behold, they were detected properly.

Just now, Vadise said:

Only reason I mentioned it, is because I had a very similar problem when I installed Win10 on my machine. It would not detect my SATA drives, and when I switched to USB2, lo and behold, they were detected properly.

That's strange actually.

It probably is a thing with the AMD A88X Chipset. My USB 3.0 ports would not work until I installed the proper drivers.

1 minute ago, Vadise said:

It probably is a thing with the AMD A88X Chipset. My USB 3.0 ports would not work until I installed the proper drivers.

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

That's strange actually.

so what else should i try

Just now, aidenrelkoff said:

Do you have another drive to try in the same PC? Even just a drive that's already within another system.

On 9/3/2016 at 1:06 PM, aidenrelkoff said:

Check your BIOS settings and see if you have RAID or ACHI enabled.

RAID will require the driver from the motherboard website. If Im not mistaken, you will need to use the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver, I would add a folder to your windows installation USB, and add the driver there.

it will ask you for the INF file associated with the RAID driver, add that and should be good to go.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/