Intel X.M.GOD DAMN P

So if any of you have seen my other article recently where I decided to move to windows 10 from 7 because of a new graphics card and wanting dx12 support and then having to move back due to.... issues. Well now it just get's better.

So today I decided it was time to install X.M.P back onto my computer with my new install of windows and get my 4670k back to the 4.2 it normally runs at... however now for fuck knows what reason the damn thing refuses to install properly and bitches about the "digital driver signature not being available" for the intel overclocking device driver. It used to work on my old win 7 install and it worked on windows 10 now even with driver signature mode turned off at boot the damn thing can't install properly and then when I open it up the only option for overclocking is the core clock speed.  At the end of my BLEEPING wits with this BLEEP now. 

As always any help appretiated and thanks :)

Just now, Erest said:

Anyway, what is your motherboard?

The motherboard is the MSI Z87 G43 which I could quite happily label the worst motherboard I have ever encountered. 
The most annoying thing is that with all previous installs X.M.P has installed with no issues at all, even on that bug ridden useless pile of BLEEP called Windows 10

1 minute ago, Lamberto29 said:

The motherboard is the MSI Z87 G43 which I could quite happily label the worst motherboard I have ever encountered. 
The most annoying thing is that with all previous installs X.M.P has installed with no issues at all, even on that bug ridden useless pile of BLEEP called Windows 10

Did you try installing the chipset drivers? Heres the link to them.

Since when do you install XMP? O_o It is done in the BIOS (XMP standing for Extreme Memory Profile).

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, jj9987 said:

Since when do you install XMP? O_o It is done in the BIOS (XMP standing for Extreme Memory Profile).

Since I was lazy and this Mobos bios is terrible, so it this mobo is generally terrible all round and I would never buy a MSI product again because of how bad this thing is.

Don't even dare update the bios due to just how many people with this mobo have had it bricked from updating the bios and it just going horribly wrong.

1 minute ago, Lamberto29 said:

Since I was lazy and this Mobos bios is terrible, so it this mobo is generally terrible all round and I would never buy a MSI product again because of how bad this thing is.

Don't even dare update the bios due to just how many people with this mobo have had it bricked from updating the bios and it just going horribly wrong.

What are you talking about? One has to go into UEFI and toggle XMP and that's it!

Just now, Erest said:

What are you talking about? One has to go into UEFI and toggle XMP and that's it!

I've enabled X.M.P but what I was saying is that this bios has known issues and lot's of people updating the bios to fix said issues have had it just brick on them. 
I know how to enable x.m.p I've been using it for years

You don't "instal" XMP. You're probably talking about XTU. 

The Extreme Tuning Utility. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

14 minutes ago, Erest said:

Keep the swearing for the mirror please!

Pretty sure swearing is (fucking) allowed here in LTT :)

Just not violent swearing (when you use it to attack someone)

17 minutes ago, Lamberto29 said:

So if any of you have seen my other article recently where I decided to move to windows 10 from 7 because of a new graphics card and wanting dx12 support and then having to move back due to.... issues. Well now it just get's better.

So today I decided it was time to install X.M.P back onto my computer with my new install of windows and get my 4670k back to the 4.2 it normally runs at... however now for fuck knows what reason the damn thing refuses to install properly and bitches about the "digital driver signature not being available" for the intel overclocking device driver. It used to work on my old win 7 install and it worked on windows 10 now even with driver signature mode turned off at boot the damn thing can't install properly and then when I open it up the only option for overclocking is the core clock speed.  At the end of my BLEEPING wits with this BLEEP now. 

As always any help appretiated and thanks :)

I do not recommend overclocking through software in the OS. If I was you, I would go into your BIOS and tweak settings there.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

I do not recommend overclocking through software in the OS. If I was you, I would go into your BIOS and tweak settings there.

It's XTU. Unlike most supplied OC tools, XTU is rather very good. 

Also OC noobs can nab 20-30 easy points on HWBOT. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'd normally do it throught the bios too like I did on my old q6600 and Striker 2 extreme however this MOBO and bios is complete garbage. I could still do it through the bios but I just do not feel comfertable with this bios due to it's...... problematic inclination.

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

It's XTU. Unlike most supplied OC tools, XTU is rather very good. 

Also OC noobs can nab 20-30 easy points on HWBOT. 

Huh. Never tried XTU, and I might never get to if Zen is good

But since OP has problems using it with W10, BIOS it is.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Huh. Never tried XTU, and I might never get to if Zen is good

But since OP has problems using it with W10, BIOS it is.

X.T.U is what I meant just been a rather long and tiring week for me to distinguish the two if you know what I mean.

Just now, Lamberto29 said:

X.T.U is what I meant just been a rather long and tiring week for me to distinguish the two if you know what I mean.

I get you. Maybe it's a good idea to wait until your mood betters. The computer is usable like this, yes?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

I get you. Maybe it's a good idea to wait until your mood betters. The computer is usable like this, yes?

I'm chill now, computer is still useable however it's not at the performance level I'm used to and it should be at. Damn Windows why did you have to screw me so haha.

2 minutes ago, Lamberto29 said:

I'm chill now, computer is still useable however it's not at the performance level I'm used to and it should be at. Damn Windows why did you have to screw me so haha.

I would BIOS it xD

But maybe the XTU webpage has an announcement about W10 issues

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Erest said:

Did you try installing the chipset drivers? Heres the link to them.

Just done that now, turns out I had forgot to on this install however still no joy after having

uninstalled xtu, restart

instal chipset drivers, restart

install xtu, still same issue

"Windows requires a digitally signed driver......some rubbish..... Driver: INTEL Overclocking Device Driver

Service: iocbios2

27 minutes ago, Lamberto29 said:

"digital driver signature not being available" for the intel overclocking device driver. It used to work on my old win 7 install and it worked on windows 10 now even with driver signature mode turned off at boot the damn thing can't install properly

Maybe it won't install properly because driver signing is off. 

And if it doesn't install with it on then XTU must be borked. Wouldn't be the first time either...

I would BIOS it xD

But maybe the XTU webpage has an announcement about W10 issues

I'm not on 10, I was briefly before a generic usb audio driver bug with my Turtle beach z22s basically ment Windows 10 was not viable

I'm not on 10, I was briefly before a generic usb audio driver bug with my Turtle beach z22s basically ment Windows 10 was not viable

So you're still getting issues with W7?

Oh man. Windows 10 borked your other windows as well

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

So you're still getting issues with W7?

Oh man. Windows 10 borked your other windows as well

Yeah this is on 7, 
I was originally on & for some years were it worked flawlessly

Then downgraded to win10 which was basically broken

Fresh installed back to win 7 (I am on now) and XTU will not sign the driver at all.

Win 10 killed two USB thumb drives the damb thing, all drives have been full formatted since going from 10 back to 7. All drives verified error free with ubuntu live and hirens

Yeah this is on 7, 
I was originally on & for some years were it worked flawlessly

Then downgraded to win10 which was basically broken

Fresh installed back to win 7 (I am on now) and XTU will not sign the driver at all.

There's gotta be a way to get the unsigned driver to work. Probably an insecure setting to have at default, but in this case kind of necessary.

Did you try googling "windows refuses to sign driver"?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler