Guys a little help?!

please tell me if the build below will work well together and whether the CPU will bottleneck the GPU.And will I be able play games like GTA V,CS:GO,Rainbow six siege etc. smoothly at 1080p(low-high settings)?? 

CPU: Intel i7 3770

Motherboard: Asrock H61M-VG4

Cooler: CM hyper 212 EVO

RAM: HyperX fury 8GB DDR3

GPU: EVGA  GTX 950 SC+

Storage: WD Blue 1TB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ bronze

Case: Aerocool Aero500

Hm. Well. I won't comment on those particular games as I do not have experience with them. But my gut feeling here is that your graphics card (GPU) is severely underpowered. Especially when stacked up with that beefy a CPU. I also don't see the advantage in a K series CPU with a non-overclocking board.

I would say you should start by removing that CPU from your list... it seems to be an outlier.

As a direct answer to your question: no, your cpu is not a bottleneck here.

also, have you checked out PcPartPicker? It is a very good resource.

Edited by Salomon Smeke

that GPU is poop, if you dont aleready have the CPU and all that then dont get it, also this build wont work at all, the motherboard and CPU dont work together AFAIK(i have been wrong before) and the chipset on the board dosent allow overclocking anyway so why get the I3770k instead of the I7 3770? PSU isnt that good either but its acceptable, check here: 

if its in that list then you are good with the PSU i guess but i would never cheap out on PSU.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

that GPU is poop, if you dont aleready have the CPU and all that then dont get it, also this build wont work at all, the motherboard and CPU dont work together AFAIK(i have been wrong before) and the chipset on the board dosent allow overclocking anyway so why get the I3770k instead of the I7 3770? PSU isnt that good either but its acceptable, check here: 

if its in that list then you are good with the PSU i guess but i would never cheap out on PSU.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

SORRY GUYS.....the cpu is a 3770 not a 'K'....it was a mistake on my part...i dont think i'll be able to get a new cpu cuz i already have this one...But will this run the above games on 1080p@mid to high settings??

THANKS FOR THE HELP THO....U GUYS R GR8.. 

Even if you got the best GPU of all time, your performance from that GPU would only be a few frames behind the bigboy CPU's of Today (in most titles)

/When your GPU bound, likely over the half the titles you own or more, are more GPU bound than CPU bound, usually.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

13 hours ago, shane_mamba24 said:

~snip~

Hello there :)

The guys gave you some excellent advice on how to balance your build so you don't have bottlenecks. 

One note from me: Any particular reason why you are going with two (different) HDDs? Have you considered adding a SSD to the build? Any budget in mind? 

Are you reusing one of those HDDs from a previous build? 

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

On September 1, 2016 at 0:16 PM, Captain_WD said:

Hello there :)

The guys gave you some excellent advice on how to balance your build so you don't have bottlenecks. 

One note from me: Any particular reason why you are going with two (different) HDDs? Have you considered adding a SSD to the build? Any budget in mind? 

Are you reusing one of those HDDs from a previous build? 

Captain_WD. 

yep……both of those hdds have my games and other data…im planning to get an ssd later on tho….tnx fr de suggestion…

so getting back to the question……will i be able to get the games running smoothly at 1080p at mid to high.. 

4 hours ago, shane_mamba24 said:

~snip~

In this case I would definitely recommend checking those drives' health before reusing them in the new system. 

The game settings may vary from game to game but with that CPU, memory and GPU you should be OK for the most part for stable performance at 1080p at high settings. 

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

3 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

In this case I would definitely recommend checking those drives' health before reusing them in the new system. 

The game settings may vary from game to game but with that CPU, memory and GPU you should be OK for the most part for stable performance at 1080p at high settings. 

Captain_WD. 

yeah...those drives work fine....tnx for the help!