Activation Error after HW change - Unable to activate windows

Hi,

3 days ago I update my HW (MB, CPU, RAM & SSD), so after reinstalling all drivers and after couples of reboots I was awaited by this message on desktop "Activate Windows, go to setting and activate windows." so I do that I go to "Settings/Update & Security/Activation" there I select "troubleshoot" and than select "I change hardware on this device recently" and after that I get message "Unable to Activate Windows / We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again."

What can I do next, has anyone have any solution?

Windows does this a lot, you can try calling the activation number and asking them to reactivate the computer, but you will likely need to buy a new COA or run with a "Non Genuine" copy.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

Just now, Justin_ said:

Windows does this a lot, you can try calling the activation number and asking them to reactivate the computer, but you will likely need to buy a new COA or run with a "Non Genuine" copy.

I've try, "slui 4" does not even start. And if I log on into MS user site for my devices it showing my PC, attaching image.ms_my-devices.jpg

Yup you need a "valid" COA for that, try calling the activation hotline or just buy a new COA

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

• 2 weeks later...

if u got a actual cd key

old trick but if u phone in and say u only have one machine u can re-activate as many times as u dam well please its all automated and the activation string is a pain in the ass

make sure u pull ur pc from the internet and try a few times it will eventually kick u to phone

havnt tried this with 10 yet havnt bothered buying a key yet lol

• 6 months later...

I know this thread is old but I figured people would find it looking for answers like I did. I had the same problem, I just needed to contact their chat support and they will remote in and do a little CMD and then activate it for you. Took only about 15 minutes, I hope this helps anyone else that finds this thread well googling this issue. :)