Best langauge to learn to both start and have a big advantage

Whats the most used language? What one should I start on? if I was to get hired into a coding job what language would I need most? Is any of this actually answerable? Does it depend is it opinionated? If I was going to spend the next 4 years slowly but consistently learning languages what 3 should I spend my time on is that too many or too little? Conclusion I don't know anything and start college soon for computer sciences I would like to learn how to code suggestions. Thank you.

It depends on what sector you want to work in.
If you're green to programming I'd recommend learning just a few batch scripts until you learn why order and accuracy is important.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

8 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

Conclusion I don't know anything and start college soon for computer sciences I would like to learn how to code suggestions. Thank you.

Find out what language your school is going to be using and start learning that.

16 hours ago, fizzlesticks said:

Find out what language your school is going to be using and start learning that.

This 100%, learning a language that your school isn't going to use while teaching you is pretty pointless.

Most schools are either Java, C++, or C# though, if you want to narrow the guess. Web-based classes would be HTML/CSS/Javascript/PHP depending on what the class is teaching.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

21 hours ago, Erik Sieghart said:

Strongly disagree. Everything I learned in college was pretty much useless to me after it except for the "theory".

My professors thought networking and event handling was just worth a mention and nothing really all that important, but I use those two things more than whatever junk they focused on.

I even found high level math more useful.

That sounds like they had a shitty program at that college, with profs not bothering to teach the important stuff. I feel bad for you.

I agree with the math though, wish there was more of that.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

May not make sense, dont try to learn how to programming in one language learn how to just program. That is learn theory, that way you know the core basics that most (Most popular languages) for all the languages, and then can learn the little tricks for each languages as you go.

Key thing is learn why not just how. Ie try to learn the low level workings of software, which can then help you with problem solving later down the line.

29 minutes ago, Isvan said:

May not make sense, dont try to learn how to programming in one language learn how to just program. That is learn theory, that way you know the core basics that most (Most popular languages) for all the languages, and then can learn the little tricks for each languages as you go.

Key thing is learn why not just how. Ie try to learn the low level workings of software, which can then help you with problem solving later down the line.

Exactly this. 

The most important thing to learn while studying is how to think like a developer. How to break down a problem and solve it logically. How the various parts of your software will interact.

Languages come and go (or at least, more come). Frameworks and methodologies change over time.  The fundamentals of "how to program" stay pretty much the same though.

The languages I learnt at university were Java (Object Oriented), C (Open GL etc) and Perl (scripting). I haven't used any of those in a work situation in the until very recently, but that broad set of concepts carry over to everything else.

There's plenty of syntax references online. If you know the concepts already, it's not too difficult to apply them to new situations.

As others have mentioned, it all depends on what you want to make out of it. Programming requires some motivation to keep going. If you just need a recommendation, Python would be a good choice.

Thank you all very much and with all this I've decided to start with Python. Thanks for all the advice not just about which to use but about personal experience. There's nothing better than to learn from someone you hope to be. In short it's not as much about what to learn its about the drive to learn. Thank you all for your answer and I'm happy to say I'm excited as hell to start college (which is a weird thing to say).

On 8/30/2016 at 7:19 PM, Ohsnaps said:

Whats the most used language? What one should I start on? if I was to get hired into a coding job what language would I need most? Is any of this actually answerable? Does it depend is it opinionated? If I was going to spend the next 4 years slowly but consistently learning languages what 3 should I spend my time on is that too many or too little? Conclusion I don't know anything and start college soon for computer sciences I would like to learn how to code suggestions. Thank you.

Learning C# first proved very beneficial to me for many reasons, but many will disagree and I was in a different situation than most. More likely than not, your Intro Programming and Intermediate Programming classes at Uni will be in Python, so to get ahead I would do that.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME