i7 6700k Core Volt Vlidation needed.

Go to solution Solved by Imakuni,
1 minute ago, Praesi said:

But why is the voltage jumping above and below the (default) 1.224v and is hitting almost the "aircooling border" of 1.325v without beeing overclocked? Sorry for asking this, GPU overclocking isnt that confusing.

Because there's no such thing as "default". The mobo uses whatever it want's to on auto. If it thinks your load demands 1.2v to be stable, it'll use 1.2; but the moment the load changes and the thinks "oh, maybe he'll need 1.3v now to be stable", it'll shoot the voltage to those 1.3 or whatever. With or without OCing, though this get's worse when there's an OC applied.

Hi Guys. I need a validation of my Core Volteg here.

Im paranoid, so forgive me ;)

I set all OC related settings in Bios back to default, which means 1.224v core voltage. Yet Aida&Co show me different peaks, which was´nt the case with my OCed vs stock 2500k. 

Is it just measure inaccuracy here?

Thanks in advance

Praesi

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

If you leave stuff on Auto, the mobo will bounce voltage up and down to please it's liking. Whatever shows up, can be considered "normal".

Put it at a fixed voltage, though, and then we can talk.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

If you leave stuff on Auto, the mobo will bounce voltage up and down to please it's liking. Whatever shows up, can be considered "normal".

Put it at a fixed voltage, though, and then we can talk.

http://imgur.com/a/mHSyI

Should i set a fixed voltage with stock clockspeed here?

I decided to go back to stock atm because i dont get more fps for now in cpu heavy games.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

http://imgur.com/a/mHSyI

Should i set a fixed voltage with stock clockspeed here?

If you want to, yes. Will help you keep thermals in check for an even quieter and more efficient PC.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

If you want to, yes. Will help you keep thermals in check for an even quieter and more efficient PC.

But why is the voltage jumping above and below the (default) 1.224v and is hitting almost the "aircooling border" of 1.325v without beeing overclocked? Sorry for asking this, GPU overclocking isnt that confusing.

Because there's no such thing as "default". The mobo uses whatever it want's to on auto. If it thinks your load demands 1.2v to be stable, it'll use 1.2; but the moment the load changes and the thinks "oh, maybe he'll need 1.3v now to be stable", it'll shoot the voltage to those 1.3 or whatever. With or without OCing, though this get's worse when there's an OC applied.

2 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

So the 1.224v set as default is just a "direction" for the Bios and not carved in stone. In other Words, everything is as it should be?

Did i mentioned that im paranoid? :)

Just now, Praesi said:

everything is as it should be?

Yes. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Just now, Imakuni said:

Yes. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Thank you Sir.