first build pc

Go to solution Solved by Blind X,
2 minutes ago, defrid said:

@Blind-X

@knightslugger

Okay thanks for the information you suggested for me

ao i've been looking msi h170a gaming pro and asus h170 pro usb 3.1 which one is the great deal? Asus is much cheaper tho

MSI H170A Gaming Pro is top of the line H170 series motherboard. Its upto you. They are really very close to call.

So i'm going to build a pc here's are my list 

core i5 6500

gigabyte z170-d3h

corsair vengeance pro red 2x4 gb

seagate 1tb 7200 rpm

Msi gtx 1060 gaming x 6gb

psu RMI 650w

chasis carbide 600c 

so is this ging rig is a go or not cause i'm not spending it more expensive than this but cheaper if i can the gpu is a "MUST" can't go higher than that but i don't want go cheaper than that either

5 minutes ago, defrid said:

So i'm going to build a pc here's are my list 

core i5 6500

gigabyte z170-d3h

corsair vengeance pro red 2x4 gb

seagate 1tb 7200 rpm

Msi gtx 1060 gaming x 6gb

psu RMI 650w

chasis carbide 600c 

so is this ging rig is a go or not cause i'm not spending it more expensive than this but cheaper if i can the gpu is a "MUST" can't go higher than that but i don't want go cheaper than that either

Do you need a Z170 mobo if you dont have a "K" series processor? 

The PSU is be a bit of an overkill but overall its an ok build. A 400-500w is good enough, so i recommend you get an 80+ certified PSU with lower wattage.

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

1 minute ago, Littlelaner said:

Well for first i thought i wanted to go with g1.sniper b7 but then i looked at that z170 cost not a huge amount of money so i go with it that's why

so should i go back to the sniper one? And it can run 2400 mhz for the ram also that's why i go with it if it's useless then i will go with sniper

1 minute ago, defrid said:

Well for first i thought i wanted to go with g1.sniper b7 but then i looked at that z170 cost not a huge amount of money so i go with it that's why

so should i go back to the sniper one? And it can run 2400 mhz for the ram also that's why i go with it if it's useless then i will go with sniper

Go for what ever you feel comfortable with and can afford, you can always upgrade to a K in the future if you get a Z so it's all up to you

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

Just now, defrid said:

I would go with Blind-X's build, the 6600 will have a bit better performance and you really don't need the Z170. I would pick a different case then what he put in there though, unless you like it. I don't. 

3 minutes ago, Blind-X said:

Dont go with a Z170 Motherboard if you are not going for a "K" series processor

This one will be perfect:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GLbGLD

Its $766.60

Hey my friend i wanted to know the diffrent between g1.sniper b7 (b150) with your h170? Cause i see no difference in both

1 minute ago, Littlelaner said:

Hey my friend i wanted to know the diffrent between g1.sniper b7 (b150) with your h170? Cause i see no difference in both

http://ark.intel.com/compare/90595,90592

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

5 minutes ago, defrid said:

B150 is the lowest end Skylake and made really for workstation and business PC's. It has few PCIe lanes, so for gaming you can only get 1 GPU, no support for RAID, etc. That may be fine for a basic system. I would prefer the H170 for the possibility of future upgrades.

@Blind-X so the point is don't go with z170 if not going with k cpu but instead go with h170 ? For another reason i choose g1.sniper b7 cause it's just look great looking green in my chasis just that cause the h170 that had another colour than black is beyond my budget lol @Littlelaner

hey both of you thinking the same thing what if i wanted to upgrade to k series? In next year or so? Will it be outdated?

@knightslugger thanks it helped me alot 

@Blind-X so the point is don't go with z170 if not going with k cpu but instead go with h170 ? For another reason i choose g1.sniper b7 cause it's just look great looking green in my chasis just that cause the h170 that had another colour than black is beyond my budget lol @Littlelaner

hey both of you thinking the same thing what if i wanted to upgrade to k series? In next year or so? Will it be outdated?

@knightslugger thanks it helped me alot 

The motherboard will not be outdated. K series processors are for overclocking and both the H170 and B150 series motherboard wont support overclocking. If you want to upgrade to a K series processor in the future than go with a Z170 motherboard. It will be a bit expensive but it has to be as it provides awesome overclocking features. If you are going out of budget than wait until you have some money.

The only reason you K/Z is to get more compute for your money. that's it. If you're gonna overclock you're gonna want to get a much better cooling solution than Intel's stock cooler like a 100i or similar.

it'll be relevant for a long time, believe me. we're at the technological point where any more than 4 HT cores is crossing a bridge between gamer and creator, wants vs needs, burning money vs making money.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

@Blind-X

@knightslugger

so i should go with the h170 if not going with k series? But if i wanted go with k series i should wait a little bit and buy at the same time with z170?

So i should hust change the motherboard then? What recomendation are you offering me? Giga asus and msi

@Blind-X

@knightslugger

so i should go with the h170 if not going with k series? But if i wanted go with k series i should wait a little bit and buy at the same time with z170?

So i should hust change the motherboard then? What recomendation are you offering me? Giga asus and msi

I will always prefer Asus. They are the top sellers of motherboard

yes.

if you have no interest in getting max compute for your money, then a H170 board with a non-k processor is the way to go.

But...

If you even might possibly maybe see yourself wanting that extra ummph of processing power for an aging system that isn't QUITE struggling to keep up, but having a little more overhead wouldn't be so bad AND you wanted to keep resale value higher...

...then buy a Z170 with a K processor at the earliest opportunity.

System specs:

@Blind-X

@knightslugger

ao i've been looking msi h170a gaming pro and asus h170 pro usb 3.1 which one is the great deal? Asus is much cheaper tho

@Blind-X

@knightslugger

MSI H170A Gaming Pro is top of the line H170 series motherboard. Its upto you. They are really very close to call.

Agreed with @Blind-X. Compare the features, that's what you're paying for here.

System specs: