Overclock 4770k questions

Alright so first off I'm running a 4.7GHz overclock at a 1.205 voltage, cache clocked in at 4.4 and 1.195* edited from 1.965 damn mac keyboards.  Currently I'm stable however when I run Aida64 my temps jump up to 95c instantly and I'm using an H100i with Prolimatech PK-3.  My application could be the problem as I did the dot method but then tried the rice grain method and neither seemed to lower temps.  I've looked at the paste after doing a burn in and it seems to be evenly spread with no bubbles but that leads me to another question.  My temps when running Cinebench are around 75c and during gaming (I mainly play league and EVE right now) it maxes out at like 50c.

So even though apparently my clock sits hot at stress could I potentially keep this clock assuming that I monitor temps during gaming and make sure that things don't go too hot?

Oh also idles are around 25-28c

4 minutes ago, timjcody said:

Alright so first off I'm running a 4.7GHz overclock at a 1.205 voltage, cache clocked in at 4.4 and 1.965.  Currently I'm stable however when I run Aida64 my temps jump up to 95c instantly and I'm using an H100i with Prolimatech PK-3.  My application could be the problem as I did the dot method but then tried the rice grain method and neither seemed to lower temps.  I've looked at the paste after doing a burn in and it seems to be evenly spread with no bubbles but that leads me to another question.  My temps when running Cinebench are around 75c and during gaming (I mainly play league and EVE right now) it maxes out at like 50c.

So even though apparently my clock sits hot at stress could I potentially keep this clock assuming that I monitor temps during gaming and make sure that things don't go too hot?

This could be the problem, although the 4770K do have bad TIM under the heatspreader as well.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1358284/corsair-h100i-loose-bracket

My 4790K under a Seidon 120V at 4.7GHz 1.25V, 4.6GHz cache idles at around 30, and can hit 75oc when gaming as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4 minutes ago, timjcody said:

Alright so first off I'm running a 4.7GHz overclock at a 1.205 voltage, cache clocked in at 4.4 and 1.965.  Currently I'm stable however when I run Aida64 my temps jump up to 95c instantly and I'm using an H100i with Prolimatech PK-3.  My application could be the problem as I did the dot method but then tried the rice grain method and neither seemed to lower temps.  I've looked at the paste after doing a burn in and it seems to be evenly spread with no bubbles but that leads me to another question.  My temps when running Cinebench are around 75c and during gaming (I mainly play league and EVE right now) it maxes out at like 50c.

This could be the problem, although the 4770K do have bad TIM under the heatspreader as well.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1358284/corsair-h100i-loose-bracket

My 4790K under a Seidon 120V at 4.7GHz 1.25V, 4.6GHz cache idles at around 30, and can hit 75oc when gaming as well.

PMSL

My bracket is in fact incredibly loose I'll go and pick up some of those washers that the one poster did because that could very well be causing all my issues with this.  I was thinking that with a closed loop water cooler I should be getting better temps than I am.

4770k and 4790k have bad TIM inside it.

I know that, because I own i7 4790k with that same problem. In custom loop I got my temp to 95°C pretty fast, so I decided to run mine at 1,23V and 4,6GHz ... now it never goes past 75°C. That 0,1 or 0,2GHz increase isn't worth for me, to add 20°C more on CPU.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Ok so I had some washers lying around and put them behind the posts and sure enough temps dropped down to 85c in Aida64 and down to only 65c in cinebench.  That seems like one massive design flaw from Corsair and I hope that on the newer versions of the H100 that they ended up fixing that because a difference in 10c from just adding some washers they could easily add for such a small cost is a bit ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, timjcody said:

Ok so I had some washers lying around and put them behind the posts and sure enough temps dropped down to 85c in Aida64 and down to only 65c in cinebench.  That seems like one massive design flaw from Corsair and I hope that on the newer versions of the H100 that they ended up fixing that because a difference in 10c from just adding some washers they could easily add for such a small cost is a bit ridiculous.

From what I can tell, the H100i really doesn't seem like it was designed with LGA1150 in mind. Despite other coolers (some like mine which go all the way back to LGA775, and can be used on AMD's socket) having no issues at all with LGA1150 while retaining wide compatibility.

PMSL