Msi gtx 780 lightning worth getting?

Chivpcgamer

Is this card worth the upgrade for me? I was definately gonna get the r9 290x but i dont really want a red and black gpu and also is it really gonna be 'that' much better? I dont know what to do, im still not evrn sure if i wanna make the jump to amd, i trust nvidia cards and have no experience with an amd card. Plus is the 4gb of the 290 x worth it compared to 780s 3gb? Im gaming at 1200p so i cant wiegh it up, i want it to be good for two years, at higher settings.

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Well, I like Nvidia too, but I would say go for the 290X this time. If you don't like the cooler, wait for an aftermarket version with another kind or you can even swap it out yourself.

Well, I like Nvidia too, but I would say go for the 290X this time. If you don't like the cooler, wait for an aftermarket version with another kind or you can even swap it out yourself.

Yeah maybe a nice waterblock eh? I wish nvidia put a little more gddr5 on their boards

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Yeah maybe a nice waterblock eh? I wish nvidia put a little more gddr5 on their boards

Vram is your least problem, 3gb is plenty for today and it will suffice for nearest foreseeable future.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

If you go with the GTX780 you should still wait till the R9 290X releases, because the prices will most likely drop.

RTX2070OC 

YES, i have a stock msi gtx 780 and a friend of me have a ligthning 780. stock of ligthning.... you wont notice the difference :P don`t go for r9 290x... why? because Nvidia have gotten to far into my hart to be replased with AMD <3

Is this card worth the upgrade for me? I was definately gonna get the r9 290x but i dont really want a red and black gpu and also is it really gonna be 'that' much better? I dont know what to do, im still not evrn sure if i wanna make the jump to amd, i trust nvidia cards and have no experience with an amd card. Plus is the 4gb of the 290 x worth it compared to 780s 3gb? Im gaming at 1200p so i cant wiegh it up, i want it to be good for two years, at higher settings.

290x beats out a titan , also Mantle should give it a big boost in performance. Bf4 should support Mantle in the future and we will soon see how it works on a AAA title. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

290x beats out a titan , also Mantle should give it a big boost in performance. Bf4 should support Mantle in the future and we will soon see how it works on a AAA title. 

Well you cant say that yet... 1. No official benchmarks 2. mantle is not out till December and will probably be delayed. :P

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

The msi lightning beats titan in mostbenchmarks with lots more o/c headroom aswell, although the memory doesnt oc very well apparently

YES, i have a stock msi gtx 780 and a friend of me have a ligthning 780. stock of ligthning.... you wont notice the difference :P don`t go for r9 290x... why? because Nvidia have gotten to far into my hart to be replased with AMD <3

I can relate to that, i didnt think i was an nvidia fanboy but im finding it hard to part ways : ( boo hoo