Skylake upgrade need advice!

Hello everyone thanks for helping me! I'm going to be upgrading my current rig with a better/newer CPU, motherboard & memory! Skylake of course!  

What I do on my PC Creative Cloud, Streaming & gaming! 

Around $1000 for upgrade

Currently:

CPU: I7-2600k I7-6700K 8M 4GHZ FC-LGA1151

Cooler: Darkrock pro 3 | Will this work with 1151

Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V ProASUS Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Skylake DDR4

Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4x4 16GBCorsair Vengeance Lpx 16GB 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHZ C16 1.2V White

Games: 500GB WD Blue

Storage: 1TB WD Green

GPU: ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 960 Oc 2GB

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2

Case: Phantom 630 Windowed Edition

Orange: Upgrading

Red: Looking at

Green: Worried 

Blue: Need advice

Thanks again! :)

Your CPU cooler will be compatible with your build if you decide to purchase the Z170-A. The Z170-A is also a good motherboard so that is a reasonable buy as well. The memory is also reasonable for your needs. With the hard drives I guess you could do a configuration like that with two drives but I would rather go for a single, higher storage drive. It's going to be cheaper, it may not be as reliable but there is very limited information out there to knowledge that can accurately say how reliable hard drives are. 

Love your clever design, makes it easier for me to help.  Yes the dark rock pro 3 will mount with the 6700k. If you're worried about space in the case it will fit in the Phantom its a pretty big case, and Vengeance lpx is a low profile design so ram clearance isn't a problem. For your storage your using 2 hdds? So one hdd has games and the other for just programs, etc? I don't see a point for it because its less reliable and  convenient. Just get this WD green 1.5 tb drive. ( http://bit.ly/2bKxXSO ) its around the same price as 2 of the drives.

e: (happy 3.14 post)

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

Hello,

The darkrock will fit the 1151 socket as for it is the same as the 1150 configuration.. (Thanks Intel :) ) 

But one thing... Your poor little graphics card.... Don't forget about him....

Listen to iNoa97...

39 minutes ago, Rolfejc said:

Your CPU cooler will be compatible with your build if you decide to purchase the Z170-A. The Z170-A is also a good motherboard so that is a reasonable buy as well. The memory is also reasonable for your needs. With the hard drives I guess you could do a configuration like that with two drives but I would rather go for a single, higher storage drive. It's going to be cheaper, it may not be as reliable but there is very limited information out there to knowledge that can accurately say how reliable hard drives are. 

Awesome thanks! I've had those drive for about 3 years, was more asking what drive should I get.

41 minutes ago, iNoa97 said:

Love your clever design, makes it easier for me to help.  Yes the dark rock pro 3 will mount with the 6700k. If you're worried about space in the case it will fit in the Phantom its a pretty big case, and Vengeance lpx is a low profile design so ram clearance isn't a problem. For your storage your using 2 hdds? So one hdd has games and the other for just programs, etc? I don't see a point for it because its less reliable and  convenient. Just get this WD green 1.5 tb drive. ( http://bit.ly/2bKxXSO ) its around the same price as 2 of the drives.

e: (happy 3.14 post)

Graphic designer :) , Awesome that's a relief, Yeah it's a monster of a case. I was thinking that ram would work, had to remove the fake cooler off my current ram to fit. I'm using both but I believe the green is damage its running really slow as late or avoiding using it. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Mikmatt said:

Hello,

The darkrock will fit the 1151 socket as for it is the same as the 1150 configuration.. (Thanks Intel :) ) 

But one thing... Your poor little graphics card.... Don't forget about him....

Listen to iNoa97...

Awesome! Yup why doesn't money grow on trees! Still gaming at 1080.

7 hours ago, kegg24 said:

Awesome thanks! I've had those drive for about 3 years, was more asking what drive should I get.

Oh well for me a 1TB hard drive is the minimum I would buy storage wise for a build with a good budget. 1TB and below HDDs generally have poor value, 1TB hard drives don't really have the greatest value anyways when compared to a 2TB hard  drive though.