Getting a high watt PSU for computer +all accessories

Cankur.007

I know I may sound weird But all of my pc accessories and also my monitor and my speaker system uses a 12 volt input now when I m upgrading the gfx I have to buy a new psu suddenly it came to my Mind that weather I could get a new psu of high watt that not only enables me to get rid of all the power adapters but also allows me to buy a gold rated(my new gtx 1060 eats very less power) power supply cause low watt PSU are only bronze here so I may take a molex pin and use the 12 volt for all purposes wht u guys say 

550W gold rated psu's are generally quite afforable.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

You wouldnt need so many Watts any way, 800 would be plenty for all that and more. Its a cool idea, but it would definitely take some tinkering

You wouldnt need so many Watts any way, 800 would be plenty for all that and more. Its a cool idea, but it would definitely take some tinkering

13 minutes ago, Cankur.007 said:

I know I may sound weird But all of my pc accessories and also my monitor and my speaker system uses a 12 volt input now when I m upgrading the gfx I have to buy a new psu suddenly it came to my Mind that weather I could get a new psu of high watt that not only enables me to get rid of all the power adapters but also allows me to buy a gold rated(my new gtx 1060 eats very less power) power supply cause low watt PSU are only bronze here so I may take a molex pin and use the 12 volt for all purposes wht u guys say 

I can hardly understand what you're asking... are you wanting a PSU for your GTX 1060 system? You can't plug your monitors and speakers (unless the speakers are VERY low power) into your PC for power draw.

You don't need a certain 80 PLUS efficiency as that doesn't correlate to quality and it doesn't save a drastic amount on your power bill, especially when your system will likely use less than 200W with the 1060 installed.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

See I m just asking is it OK to use psu in my desktop for all my accessories power source 

(I  have checked that both my speakers and monitor run at12 volt)

Now the thing is if it's possible to run these obviously I will need to buy a psu of higher watt age as the wattage of my existing psu is enough to power my pc only not other stuff