xiaomi mi4c

Hello, thank you for reading my question. I am wondering if I lose anything by buying the Chinese version of the Mi 4c? I was looking at it on Geekbuying and asked the operator if it was the chinese version and he said yes and when I asked what was the difference this was the reply: 

China version: has chinese apps, do not support OTA, u get what system , it will be what system.
International version: will be installed with Global MIUI 7.0 OS ROM, Google play store, Google services and multi-languages.It supports OTA update
International version IS better than china version. Its system and other funcation.

For china vesion, we only install internatonal rom into it, so it will have play store and some langugas.

Also the Official version doesn't exist except for the Mi 4S which is more expensive. 

The Mi 4s is better but more expensive. The Mi 4c (Chinese) is 123€, Mi 4i (EU) is 170€ and the Mi 4s is 238€

You have global ROM for every Xiaomi phones nowadays. If the reseller is somewhat serious, it will come with the global ROM installed. I never ordered a phone from Geekbuying, but when I got one from Aliexpress, Gearbest or Ibuygou, it always came with the global ROM and therefore, all Google services installed. If it comes with the Chinese ROM, you'll have only chinese and English languages, some Xiaomi apps like their app store, theme store and whatnot won't be totally translated in English, and Google services won't be installed of course. But you can install them easily with Google Installer in that case.

Sometimes, I'd prefer getting the China ROM because in that case, the reseller rarely modify the ROM. With global ROM, you might get annoying bloatware added by the reseller that you can't get rid off unless you flash another ROM or get root access (both of those operations are unfortunately more tedious than they use to be in Xiaomi's phones)

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

5 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

You have global ROM for every Xiaomi phones nowadays. If the reseller is somewhat serious, it will come with the global ROM installed. I never ordered a phone from Geekbuying, but when I got one from Aliexpress, Gearbest or Ibuygou, it always came with the global ROM and therefore, all Google services installed. If it comes with the Chinese ROM, you'll have only chinese and English languages, some Xiaomi apps like their app store, theme store and whatnot won't be totally translated in English, and Google services won't be installed of course. But you can install them easily with Google Installer in that case.

Sometimes, I'd prefer getting the China ROM because in that case, the reseller rarely modify the ROM. With global ROM, you might get annoying bloatware added by the reseller that you can't get rid off unless you flash another ROM or get root access (both of those operations are unfortunately more tedious than they use to be in Xiaomi's phones)

Yeah they said " For china vesion, we only install internatonal rom into it, so it will have play store and some langugas." So i should be able to get everything to work if the frequency is the same for the Networks? Also if the frequency for the network isn't the same, does that mean that I can't use internet or make calls or both?

This is misleading, they will sell the phone with the hardware compatible worldwide (it's always the case with those reseller) but what might change is the ROM, the software part. It could be Chinese or Global. This doesn't change anything on the LTE bands or any other bands for that matter. The hardware is the same and is compatible everywhere, no matter the ROM don't worry :) Can you post the link of the phone you want to buy on Geekbuying ?

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

Just now, roylapoutre said:

This is misleading, they should sell the phone with the hardware compatible worldwide (it's always the case with those reseller) but what might change is the ROM, the software part. It could be Chinese or Global. This doesn't change anything on the LTE bands or any other bands for that matter. The hardware is the same and is compatible everywhere, no matter the ROM don't worry :) Can you post the link of the phone you want to buy on Geekbuying ?

Thanks for telling me about these other sites. I will more likely shop on them because I found the phone at the same price.

2 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

This is misleading, they will sell the phone with the hardware compatible worldwide (it's always the case with those reseller) but what might change is the ROM, the software part. It could be Chinese or Global. This doesn't change anything on the LTE bands or any other bands for that matter. The hardware is the same and is compatible everywhere, no matter the ROM don't worry :) Can you post the link of the phone you want to buy on Geekbuying ?

I'm a bit confused with all these version but I'll probably buy whatever you tell me because I don't understand this.

2 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

Yeah the first one is the version officially designed with the right hardware for worldwide use. Even if the second one is compatible, I'd get the first one, it makes more sense to me !

2 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

Yeah the first one is the version officially designed with the right hardware for worldwide use. Even if the second one is compatible, I'd get the first one, it makes more sense to me !

Thanks but would you rather buy the one off Geekbuying or the ones on Gearbest or BuyGou?

8 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

It's almost exactly the same price on Ibuygou (with insurance) and Geekbuying, there's a 2€ difference which I don't mind if Ibuygou is better.

12 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

There's one even cheaper on GearBest but it's white so I really wouldn't like that.

16 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

I have to go now, I'll be back later, if you can then please answer my questions but nevertheless thank you for telling me about those sites, I will try to ask their support for help.