Craigslist strikes again

L_Dub

So browsing my local craigslist and i come across this... http://greatfalls.craigslist.org/sys/4013465482.html

Not only is he way overcharging in the first place but all the hardware is at least a few years out of date but even with the perfs I can't see how it cost over 3 G's when he got it in the first place.

Mostly I'm writing this because I hate how some people can and will try to take advantage of others that have no idea, Not to say i haven't done that when i was younger but since then i know right from wrong. 

If anyone has other great Craigslist posts like this feel free to post them here, I know that i've seen some of these lately but i can't find a recent one to post this in.

Amazing what people think they can get away with, have fun reading and facepalming!

L

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

"Almost brand new" suuurrrreee

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

"Almost brand new" suuurrrreee

Yea the 460 is at least 3 years old to begin with and the bull about not knowing the in's and out's, if you know your gfx card then i'm pretty sure you know everything else in your system.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

Everyone should email him and call out his bullshit

My System:

CPU: i7 4790k @ stock GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW MB: ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi ac) RAM: CORSAIR Dominator 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133 CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i SSD: 2 256 GB Samsung 840 Pros in RAID-0 HDD: Western Digital 500 GB Black, Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache PSU: Cooler Master V850 80 Plus Gold Case: Fractal Define R4

I don't like his attitude ( the way he wrote it). You can tell from miles, he thinks his shit don't stink. Damn punk thanks he is so cool by ripping people off. Not cool

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I got $80 for my GTX 460 1gb reference card. He'll be lucky to get $500 for it all.

What a fuck.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

We get it, people put overpriced stuff on craigslist, why do we need a separate topic for each different add? There's literally a different topic every day.

Everyone should email him and call out his bullshit

I just did :P

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

this made my day :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

lol i bet he has been trolled on the phone for his insanity 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

this made my day :)

Glad to hear it! but seriously anyone and everyone e-mail him and call his bluff or at least piss him off.

My goal for now is to clean up craigslist, it was good when it came out than the idiots found out about it!!

My Setup:

CPU: I7-3930k @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H100 in PP /w NF-F12 | MOBO: Asus P9X79 WS LGA 2011 | RAM  32 GB Mushkin Redline @  2133  | GPU:  (2) Sapphire 7970 GHz 6G edition | Case:  NZXT Switch 810 | Storage: Raid 0: Mushkin ssd total 480 GB | PSU: XFX ProSeries 1250W

Displays: (3) Acer GD235HZbid (120 hz) with a Ergotech Triple Monitor ArmStand /w telescoping wings | Keyboard: Xarmor black backlight mechanical with cherry blues | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD  | Sound: Logitech 5.1 Z-5500 and Astro A-40's

The parts may only be worth $350 but he put the stickers that came with his parts on the case. It's a well known fact in import car tuning culture that stickers make your car better, he has applied the same idea to computers. These components may seem terrible but they might be super binned and capable of mind boggling overclocks, thus justifying the price.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

The parts may only be worth $350 but he put the stickers that came with his parts on the case. It's a well known fact that in import car tuning culture that stickers make your car better, he has applied the same idea to computers. These components but be super binned and capable of mind boggling overclocks, thus justifying the price.

Yea, I don't get why case badges are still awarded with components, I don't know about anyone else but due to my minimalistic style every 

laptop I've owned has gotten all stickers and such removed instantly. Personally i don't see the appeal in them but someone prove me wrong.

The parts may only be worth $350 but he put the stickers that came with his parts on the case. It's a well known fact that in import car tuning culture that stickers make your car better, he has applied the same idea to computers. These components but be super binned and capable of mind boggling overclocks, thus justifying the price.

I read this in Jeremys' voice and laughed even harder.