4x Minidisplayport GPU

EvelynX

https://www.visiontek.com/graphics-cards/radeon-7750-sff-2gb-gddr5-4m-4x-minidp-detail.html#display-output
Hey there folks!

This fine card allows 4 displays to run off of the one GPU.
If I put two of these in a system, is there any reason why I can't have 8 displays attached?

I plan on buying four, to be able to support 16 displays as a means to replace my current workstation setup of four separate PCs linked via virtual KVM.

If it is possible.

Gaming with: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC SLI @1950mhz & r7 2700x@4.2ghz / GSkill 3466mhz CL14 (1440p165hz)
Loitering with: Galaxy S8+

i think they need to be on one single card. arent there usb dongles or something like that for crazy amounts of screens?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

1 minute ago, Verrierr said:

Are you planning to run 4 OSs on that rig with 4 displays each, or one OS with 16 displays?

It would be 4 screens per VM.

Gaming with: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC SLI @1950mhz & r7 2700x@4.2ghz / GSkill 3466mhz CL14 (1440p165hz)

Just now, ChocoROID said:

It would be 4 screens per VM.

It can be done then. I'm kind of worried about your CPU though.

1 minute ago, Verrierr said:

It can be done then. I'm kind of worried about your CPU though.

I haven't decided what CPU to use in particular.
8 core Xeon minimum of course. 

Just now, ChocoROID said:

I haven't decided what CPU to use in particular.
8 core Xeon minimum of course. 

One more thing you have to watch out for is power consumption. And I don't mean just PSU, if you plug 4 pretty power hungry GPUs into one mobo you may burn it, it's one of the issues Linus had with his 7 gamers 1 CPU project. Obviously you're "only" gonna have 4 GPUs but he used nanos which have much lower power consumption than your typical GPU.

3 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

One more thing you have to watch out for is power consumption. And I don't mean just PSU, if you plug 4 pretty power hungry GPUs into one mobo you may burn it, it's one of the issues Linus had with his 7 gamers 1 CPU project. Obviously you're "only" gonna have 4 GPUs but he used nanos which have much lower power consumption than your typical GPU.

If he ends up using 4x of the HD 7750's he's linked above, he'll have very little issues with power consumption. A single 980 Ti or Fury X can probably pull almost as much power as all four 7750's combined.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Yes according to their website, they run from PCIE power alone. No external power.
I should hope the MB can handle all four via PCIE power. 70watts per card.

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

If he ends up using 4x of the HD 7750's he's linked above, he'll have very little issues with power consumption. A single 980 Ti or Fury X can probably pull almost as much power as all four 7750's combined.

That's true, but the problem is those cards draw all of that power through the PCI slots.

1 minute ago, ChocoROID said:

Yes according to their website, they run from PCIE power alone. No external power.
I should hope the MB can handle all four via PCIE power. 70watts per card.

Altogether that's 280 watts total (assuming you put all of them under load) running to your PCIs. That's quite a bit I think. I'd rather confirm whether my mobo can handle it before trying.

No doubt, I'll be sure to look into that. :)