[I'm an idiot figured out the problem dont waste your time]

chicken29843
Go to solution Solved by chicken29843,
Just now, ScratchCat said:

No problem, what was the issue and solution for later other person reference

The hyperx cloud comes with a separate "dongle" for controlling volume, gain etc that plugs into the headphones cable, once I removed that and plugged the headphones directly into my pc, it worked, then I put the dongle back and it worked too. Dont know what changed but that is how I did it 

Title sums it up, I recently did a fairly large system overhaul, so I decided to a clean windows install, I boot up, plug in my headphones (hyperx clouds, 1st generation) and they dont work, they do work when I plug them into other devices and I have external speakers that will work when hooked up to my pc. This is all on the motherboard IO

Check windows audio devices?

Sorry about this I was just messing around after making the topic to figure out the problem and boom it was fixed, 

Just now, chicken29843 said:

Sorry about this I was just messing around after making the topic to figure out the problem and boom it was fixed, 

The hyperx cloud comes with a separate "dongle" for controlling volume, gain etc that plugs into the headphones cable, once I removed that and plugged the headphones directly into my pc, it worked, then I put the dongle back and it worked too. Dont know what changed but that is how I did it 

8 minutes ago, chicken29843 said:

It might not have auto-installed drivers the first time or something. Either way, glad you're solved the issue

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?