Help

yesman

What should I do my hp laptop did what to boot because of an error so I tried recover tool in windows but it says windows is locks on driver unlock it first had no way off unlocking it so I did a factory reset but my power went out no it just does this 

image.jpg

If the laptop has a recovery partition you will have to try to use the boot menu to load into that, if not then sadly you may have to get a disk somehow and do a complete wipe.

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

If power went out while it was resetting then your OS is corrupted.

You need a 4GB or larger USB drive, and another working PC, and you can reinstall windows like this: http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you will have to reinstall windows manually using a USB drive or a DVD ROM does your laptop have a windows sticker with numbers undernieth it and what version did it have once I know what version of windows it had and you can find the sticker with the numbers (which is known as a windows key) 

here's a example of what the sticker should look like and the key is used for microsoft to know what PC that windows copy was used on

image.jpeg

once you find the key just tell me what version of windows it had like windows 7, windows 8, or windows 10, and then tell me if you had the home version or pro version of windows it would usually say it on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop where the windows key would be if you look at the example picture I put up you can see it had Windows 7 PRO

PS don't post a picture of the windows sticker on this page just tell me if it has it or not on the laptop

And after you find the sticker and tell me what version of windows it had I'll then walk you through on how to fix it step by step

Would I still have the back up of the windows on the second partition of the hard driver tho 

11 minutes ago, Renton577 said:

If the laptop has a recovery partition you will have to try to use the boot menu to load into that, if not then sadly you may have to get a disk somehow and do a complete wipe.

Yeah it does have a recover partition second part of the drive will it still be still be there 

3 minutes ago, yesman said:

Would I still have the back up of the windows on the second partition of the hard driver tho 

if your windows is corropted it's going to be extremely hard to get the files back because windows locks down your files on the drive with a bunch of security stuff

12 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

you will have to reinstall windows manually using a USB drive or a DVD ROM does your laptop have a windows sticker with numbers undernieth it and what version did it have once I know what version of windows it had and you can find the sticker with the numbers (which is known as a windows key) 

here's a example of what the sticker should look like and the key is used for microsoft to know what PC that windows copy was used on

image.jpeg

once you find the key just tell me what version of windows it had like windows 7, windows 8, or windows 10, and then tell me if you had the home version or pro version of windows it would usually say it on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop where the windows key would be if you look at the example picture I put up you can see it had Windows 7 PRO

PS don't post a picture of the windows sticker on this page just tell me if it has it or not on the laptop

And after you find the sticker and tell me what version of windows it had I'll then walk you through on how to fix it step by step

No it doesn't have a sticker the only way how I could off seen the code is with the hp software on the laptop but can't get on 

Would the second partition of the drive where the back up would tht be there 

2 minutes ago, yesman said:

Would the second partition of the drive where the back up would tht be there 

I don't know if it would I'm mainly used to working on custom built PCs and when repairing laptops and prebuilts I just format the whole drive after I back up all the files if there was any files to back up

and I just do a full reinstall which microsoft made it easier and easier to do with a windows disk or USB drive with the windows installer I can show you where you can get a windows key for about $30 USD and you  can use that to install windows 10 onto the laptop

10 hours ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I don't know if it would I'm mainly used to working on custom built PCs and when repairing laptops and prebuilts I just format the whole drive after I back up all the files if there was any files to back up

and I just do a full reinstall which microsoft made it easier and easier to do with a windows disk or USB drive with the windows installer I can show you where you can get a windows key for about $30 USD and you  can use that to install windows 10 onto the laptop

Yeah please where can you get a windows key from 

7 hours ago, yesman said:

Yeah please where can you get a windows key from 

Just choose which one you want Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro:

https://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

Windows 10 Home:

https://www.kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key/

After you buy the key you can download the Windows 10 USB Drive installer from Microsoft with this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

to install the installer to a USB drive you need a old USB flash drive that is 4gb or larger and it should be fairly easy to get the installer onto the flash drive