Properly Cooling dual 1070's and a 6 core CPU

I want to make a build with dual 1070's and a 6 core CPU from intel. I am torn between a Arc Mini R2 and a Define R5 / Define S for the case. Most likely to be using Asus's X99 M-WS board unless anyone has any other suggestions  :)

I would like to here your opinions of these two options. I an really going for a small form factor design compared to my current FT02 build...

Arc Mini R2: 

360mm Rd in the top + 240mm in the front w/ 120mm fan in the back. Bottom closed off for sound dampening or a 120mm fan for additional intake

Define R5/S:

360mm rad in front / 280mm rad(Define R5) + 420mm Rad on top w/ 120mm exhaust faan in back

I love all three of these cases but they all have benefits and drawbacks with each other. 

Please comment and share your thoughts because the last thing I want to do if fuck up my first water cooling rig. 

Thank you for reading !

While two 1070s can easily beat a single 1080 in games that support SLI, are you sure you want to go that route? A single 1080 would help you avoid all the SLI issues and it isn't that slower than a SLI 1070 compared to how slower the 980 was when put against the SLI 970.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

12 minutes ago, Darkmatter35 said:

The Define S is what I'd suggest, it was designed with custom water cooling in mind whereas the Arc Mini R2 and Define R5 aren't.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

5 hours ago, Darkmatter35 said:

I want to make a build with dual 1070's and a 6 core CPU from intel. I am torn between a Arc Mini R2 and a Define R5 / Define S for the case. Most likely to be using Asus's X99 M-WS board unless anyone has any other suggestions  :)

I would like to here your opinions of these two options. I an really going for a small form factor design compared to my current FT02 build...

Arc Mini R2: 

360mm Rd in the top + 240mm in the front w/ 120mm fan in the back. Bottom closed off for sound dampening or a 120mm fan for additional intake

Define R5/S:

360mm rad in front / 280mm rad(Define R5) + 420mm Rad on top w/ 120mm exhaust faan in back

I love all three of these cases but they all have benefits and drawbacks with each other. 

Please comment and share your thoughts because the last thing I want to do if fuck up my first water cooling rig. 

Thank you for reading !

Define S and this might help: 

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

19 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

While two 1070s can easily beat a single 1080 in games that support SLI, are you sure you want to go that route? A single 1080 would help you avoid all the SLI issues and it isn't that slower than a SLI 1070 compared to how slower the 980 was when put against the SLI 970.

Currently running two 970's with dual 1440p monitors. Looking towards 1440p 144hz in the future. In my current state I only have issues playing games like fallout 4 with mods at 1440p. I have looking into it but I am not sure. Really hard to decide.  

I'd go Define S/R5 with an ATX Board, only issue with the R5 when you remove all the drive cages you can see right through to the back, making the front panel connectors a nightmare to hide.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Does anyone know what the clearance is like after you put a 360 and a 420 rad in the Define S? Thinking for fittings and such. Because if there isn't enough room I might as well get the R5 and put a 280 in the front and a 420 in the top. This would grant me some extra features the define S doesn't have as well.