A question about replacing items, please help

Go to solution Solved by pcshme33,

No company will just send you a new drive hoping that you will send the broken one back. They do the same thing that corsair does, they give you the option to do an advanced rma, by getting the advanced rma, you call and give them your credit card number. So if you don't return the drive, the charge you for the full price of a new one.

Hello, I'm Zahid. A while ago I bought an OCZ Trion 150 960gb ssd. It comes with what they call a "3 Year Advanced Warranty Program". Basically, I send them a support ticket saying my drive needs to be replaced, and I give them the serial number of the drive. They will send a replacement, along with a paid return label to return the old drive. My question is: What will happen if I don't return the old drive? I'm pretty sure they don't have any payment information of mine.

P.S. I have not actually done this, and do not plan to, as I know it is pretty much stealing. I'm just wondering

No company will just send you a new drive hoping that you will send the broken one back. They do the same thing that corsair does, they give you the option to do an advanced rma, by getting the advanced rma, you call and give them your credit card number. So if you don't return the drive, the charge you for the full price of a new one.

Thank you so much. I'm new to the LTT forums, and it's nice to see people like you help others.