GTX 770 Driver Problem

Misinthe

Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with a build I just made for my son to replace his old Xbox 360, but I'm having a problem when I install the Nvidia drivers and do the restart, the computer gets stuck in the Windows logo with the dots. I've done several windows installs and the problem always stays. Everything is fine until I get to that part, then it never goes into windows. The parts I'm using are:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($38.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II  Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply  ($124.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($88.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $431.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-19 21:30 EDT-0400

Thank you for your time everyone.

Ar you using the drivers on the cd that came with the gpwu or do you get them from geforce website

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

3 minutes ago, malon said:

Ar you using the drivers on the cd that came with the gpwu or do you get them from geforce website

I used the latest and previous from the website. So that would be 372.54 and 368.81, both downloaded from the website. What I don't know is if I should be trying the Windows 10 Anniversary edition. But I don't know how to check which one I got. I've been using the drivers for Win10 Home regular.

1 minute ago, Miguel552 said:

I used the latest and previous from the website. So that would be 372.54 and 368.81, both downloaded from the website. What I don't know is if I should be trying the Windows 10 Anniversary edition. But I don't know how to check which one I got. I've been using the drivers for Win10 Home regular.

It wont hurt to try the anniversary update driver, also you can always go way back into the driver history like i did for a long time, had a lot of driver problems myself with every driverin between 362.00 untill 372.54.

so try older known to be stable drivers and try the win10 aniversary driver aswell

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Any way to see which Windows I got? also, how can I revert into the driver history? When I have the problem I can't even get into Windows.

40 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

There only one 372.54 driver regardless of "normal" or "anniversary edition".

372.54 is only driver that support Win10 Anniversary because it's support WDDM2.1, previous driver did not.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

18 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

There only one 372.54 driver regardless of "normal" or "anniversary edition".

372.54 is only driver that support Win10 Anniversary because it's support WDDM2.1, previous driver did not.

So it doesn't matter where I download from, Regular or Anniversary sections, they're both the same? So what should I do? Also, how can I just go back on driver history like malon said if I can't get into Windows at all? I don't want to keep reinstalling windows every time a driver fails.

57 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

So it doesn't matter where I download from, Regular or Anniversary sections, they're both the same? So what should I do? Also, how can I just go back on driver history like malon said if I can't get into Windows at all? I don't want to keep reinstalling windows every time a driver fails.

Yes they're both the same.

Try to enter safe mode and remove the driver from there, you can use window installer dvd/usb and then select Repair instead of normal install.

If you can enter SafeMode with Networking you can download DisplayDriverUninstaller (DDU) and completely remove the display driver.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

45 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Yes they're both the same.

Try to enter safe mode and remove the driver from there, you can use window installer dvd/usb and then select Repair instead of normal install.

If you can enter SafeMode with Networking you can download DisplayDriverUninstaller (DDU) and completely remove the display driver.

Do you think it can be that my PSU is only 450W? The card is supposed to be 300W max and CPU is 30W and that's basically all I got, another thing is the card gets really hot I don't know why?

14 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Do you think it can be that my PSU is only 450W? The card is supposed to be 300W max and CPU is 30W and that's basically all I got, another thing is the card gets really hot I don't know why?

Could be but 450w is enough for 770 that consumed below 200w when gaming though I'm not sure about the quality of that Integra psu.. Need to wait for other guy. 

13 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Could be but 450w is enough for 770 that consumed below 200w when gaming though I'm not sure about the quality of that Integra psu.. Need to wait for other guy. 

So, I tried updating my bios to the latest and using a bigger power supply and it didn't work, as soon as I install the driver and reboot, it won't get on windows.