Cheapest DAC for getting rid of static?

Gravemind

I've been looking into getting a DAC for my laptop and my Xbox 360's speakers to cut out the horrendous static I get when plugging in headphones. I'm not interested in anything fancy, just the cheapest solution that gets the job done.

I've done everything I can to minimize interference, but even when my laptop/Xbox are literally the only things turned on in the house they get enough static to usually make wearing headphones not even worth it. Even watching movies on my Xbox I get static during quiet scenes (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

On a side note, is there any sound delay from a DAC? Like if I'm gaming will I notice a lag in sound? Like it being a fraction of a second too late.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

No. As for what to get, do you need to be plugged into both at the same time?

i don't know much about DACs, but i'm confident that there shouldn't be anything near a noticeable amount of lag.

4k the dream

Just now, SSL said:

No. As for what to get, do you need to be plugged into both at the same time?

No, I can easily just move it from whichever I'm not currently using. I'd just want something I can plug into the headphone jack, then plug my own into the DAC.

One of these things will do the job.

main_2561.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

One of these things will do the job.

main_2561.jpg

I'm not sure if that'd work in my laptop, and I highly doubt I could plug that into my Xbox and have it work. Not to mention I'd have no control over the volume >.>

Can I get a link to it anyways? It's just a picture.

1 minute ago, Gravemind said:

I'm not sure if that'd work in my laptop, and I highly doubt I could plug that into my Xbox and have it work. Not to mention I'd have no control over the volume >.>

Get SMSL M3. Order it from china, 'cause it's produced there. And it really rocks for its price. You can connect it via usb or optics, works amazing. But, if you have static on both mic & phones, then just get any external audio card, still you should contact xbox support service to figure out if it will work with your xbox.

26 minutes ago, Gravemind said:

Just google "USB to audio"

There are tons of options.

And this is a DAC. SO if this doesn't work then I don't know why any other USB DAC would.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020