dual lga2011-3 mobo single cpu

Go to solution Solved by SLAYR,

Yes you can use only one, no it will not oc by the multiplier, you may lose the capability to fill all of the ram slots, and pcies slots as some go to the second cpu, check the manual for using one cpu.

i am currently looking at the supermicro X10DAX but was wondering if i can populate one cpu temporarly then the other later. also if i will populate one cpu can it support the e3 1xxx v3 ones ?Ps.they are not in the support list but thats probably because its a dual one. Final question is would it be capable or real oc rather than just bclk oc :D  

here is the diagram for the mobo 
https://postimg.org/image/rdnshzozj/
from it i can see that if only on cpu is populated u will lose some pcie but is there any other side to it ?

Yes you can use only one, no it will not oc by the multiplier, you may lose the capability to fill all of the ram slots, and pcies slots as some go to the second cpu, check the manual for using one cpu.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

With 2011-3 the e3 1xxx v3 cpus will not work, as that is a haswell lga 1150 cpu.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

This, basically.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

hmm great thnx , so lets say i put in i7 5690x which is clockable i believe . will the motherboard support overclocking it by multiplier ? just a theoretical question to know my limits :)

8 minutes ago, talha5541 said:

hmm great thnx , so lets say i put in i7 5690x which is clockable i believe . will the motherboard support overclocking it by multiplier ? just a theoretical question to know my limits :)

The only cpus that are supported by that motherboard are going to be e5 2xxx/4xxx v3/v4 xeons it will not post with a 5960x, and the multiplier will still be locked.