My First Real Build

ThomasR13

After a very long time I think I've configured a pc that is perfect for me, I look mostly to do gaming and some light wrok such as word, powerpoint, excel etc. My budget is around $2700 USD. If anyone wants to take a look and give me some feedback on how I could create a better pc, recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tyq2VY

1 minute ago, ThomasR13 said:

After a very long time I think I've configured a pc that is perfect for me. My budget is around $2700 USD. If anyone wants to take a look and give me some feedback on how I could create a better pc, recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zPFnLD

What purpose?

2 minutes ago, ThomasR13 said:

After a very long time I think I've configured a pc that is perfect for me. My budget is around $2700 USD. If anyone wants to take a look and give me some feedback on how I could create a better pc, recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zPFnLD

Psu is big unless if you are going to dual 1080's in the future. You might wanna go with something like 600-750w gold 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

Just now, MrAwesomepants said:

Oh god no not McAfee. McAfee really is cancer  though

Yeah you can get just as good free software. I never really liked McAfee.

1 minute ago, Stevoisboss said:

Psu is big unless if you are going to dual 1080's in the future. You might wanna go with something like 600-750w gold 

I choose a big PSU because I was thinking I want to be able to do various upgrades in the future, eventually hopefully dual 1080's

1 minute ago, ThomasR13 said:

I choose a big PSU because I was thinking I want to be able to do various upgrades in the future, eventually hopefully dual 1080's

Everything else looks good to me then. Good luck building it.

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Yeah you can get just as good free software. I never really liked McAfee.

2 minutes ago, MrAwesomepants said:

Oh god no not McAfee. McAfee really is cancer  though

Thanks, I wasnt sure if i really needed anti virus but know I know.

Just now, ThomasR13 said:

Oh, also, if you don't go to shady links 24/7 and torrent a lot of stuff, you'll be fine without any other anti virus program than the standard Microsoft Security program. I've never had a problem with viruses, but hey, that's just me

If a dual graphics update is in the future, the power supply will be fine, if not a tad overkill for now. The only other issue I see here is perhaps to consider a 2x16GB RAM kit vs. 4x8GB, for expansion in the future, or given how much is already being spent, just go for a 4x16GB kit.

rmurad38

i7 6700k | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 | ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming | Zotac GTX1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256MB M.2 SSD | SanDisk X400 1TB SSD | Noctua NH-U9S Cooler | EVGA Hadron Air

2 minutes ago, ThomasR13 said:

I would recommend AVG and Malwarebytes or Avast and Malwarebytes.

1 minute ago, rmurad38 said:

If a dual graphics update is in the future, the power supply will be fine, if not a tad overkill for now. The only other issue I see here is perhaps to consider a 2x16GB RAM kit vs. 4x8GB, for expansion in the future, or given how much is already being spent, just go for a 4x16GB kit.

I heard that twice now and already changed it, thanks!

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Just a reminder you guy, you don't need those unless you go to shady links

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes tends to be pretty good as well.

I'm saving my money from my job and hoping to have it built by the end of this year or early next year (it's going to take so long because I have to save up for a school trip to the Galapagos next summer before I can worry about the PC), I'm sure it will change until then but for now I greatly appreciate everyone's advice and replies, thanks!

36 minutes ago, ThomasR13 said:

I'm saving my money from my job and hoping to have it built by the end of this year or early next year (it's going to take so long because I have to save up for a school trip to the Galapagos next summer before I can worry about the PC), I'm sure it will change until then but for now I greatly appreciate everyone's advice and replies, thanks!

Oh also! At the end of the year/early next year new AMD CPU's are going to be released, so you'd maybe want to wait for those to see how they compare to the Skylake CPU's!

You may want to look into an M.2 SSD (perhaps the M.2 850 EVO), however otherwise, you are pretty good! 

And yeah, McAfee is crap, if you want an AV, I recommend the free version of Avast.

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

You don't need 850W, 650W is enough and will power a second 1080 if you add one later.

I advise everyone to educate themselves on how much power they really need and not how much they think they need.

Where is your monitor ?