Help me with App/program ideas pls

AlTech

Hi guys,

After trying to make a lot of different applications, I'd like to make utilitarian programs (programs which provide utilities and or a tool). I'm a bit stuck on ideas and would like some input.

So is there any kind of program or app you'd like as a utility or tool? Thanks :).

This is a survey and the results are anonymous. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJ9DJNcb2VF0p68v8PLEYxpFnzv3qCccC2FKbULw5QanQpgg/viewform

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I'd like to see a really simple CPU OC'ing app that has a slider, apply and reset button.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

You know what i thought would be really cool? A Website builder

Like a software tool you download(not a online website builder but legit like a tool/software/program you download)

and have everything like adding boxes,text,images,color etc...and then you can see once you added something you can see the line of code for it,for example i add a text line saying "Hello World!" then there's a view code tab and it allows me to view my code for

example

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>AluminiumTech</title>
</head>

<body>
Hello World!
</body>

</html>

Also a Membership Option so you can create a membership like a login/sign up thing for members,and once you created how your website is supposed to look like you download all the files for the website and put them into the website database server and there you go...i'm a web dev and this would be one hell of a shortcut,i don't know how hard it would be to program this into a software/program tool

A simple software that monitors ONLY the CPU and GPU temps, preferably also available as a widget (e.g. rain meter). Atm software that monitors temperature monitors several devices and is more complicated than it should be, or ones that are simple only monitor the CPU.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

2 minutes ago, TheSuspect said:

Speccy, CpuZ and an OC app all in one?

That would be great actually. MSI afterburner is the only one that comes close, but the device monitoring is not really well laid out (just a long list with no organisation), so something like Speccy combined with MSI afterburner and a CPU overclocking tool would be great

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Submitted form.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

43 minutes ago, TheSuspect said:

Speccy, CpuZ and an OC app all in one?

It would be hard to replicate the features of speccy. Let alone with CPU-Z and OC........

I can try the Speccy + CPU-Z part but I might not be able to do the OC part............

I will definitely try to make this :).

45 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

A simple software that monitors ONLY the CPU and GPU temps, preferably also available as a widget (e.g. rain meter). Atm software that monitors temperature monitors several devices and is more complicated than it should be, or ones that are simple only monitor the CPU.

The closest I could get to a widget would be something in the Windows taskbar at the far right.......

But then I couldn't make it display temps. I think I have an idea to make it a lightweight application.

1 hour ago, keNNySOC said:

You know what i thought would be really cool? A Website builder

Like a software tool you download(not a online website builder but legit like a tool/software/program you download)

and have everything like adding boxes,text,images,color etc...and then you can see once you added something you can see the line of code for it,for example i add a text line saying "Hello World!" then there's a view code tab and it allows me to view my code for

example

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>AluminiumTech</title>
</head>

<body>
Hello World!
</body>

</html>

Also a Membership Option so you can create a membership like a login/sign up thing for members,and once you created how your website is supposed to look like you download all the files for the website and put them into the website database server and there you go...i'm a web dev and this would be one hell of a shortcut,i don't know how hard it would be to program this into a software/program tool

So basically, you want an app which just sets up a basic HTML template (as shown above in your post) and you customize it. Then when you're done it parses it to a HTML file and loads it in your browser.

I might be able to do that...... If I can then I'll also do the same for JS and CSS. But I doubt they would be easy as HTML.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

It would be hard to replicate the features of speccy. Let alone with CPU-Z and OC........

I can try the Speccy + CPU-Z part but I might not be able to do the OC part............

I will definitely try to make this :).

The closest I could get to a widget would be something in the Windows taskbar at the far right.......

But then I couldn't make it display temps. I think I have an idea to make it a lightweight application.

So basically, you want an app which just sets up a basic HTML template (as shown above in your post) and you customize it. Then when you're done it parses it to a HTML file and loads it in your browser.

I might be able to do that...... If I can then I'll also do the same for JS and CSS. But I doubt they would be easy as HTML.

I mean like a website from scratch just a white background and that's it,you edit it add text to the site,images,links etc..kind of like webstarts they have that but you pay for it (shit tone) and you can do everything from like a scratch website and customize it to like a LinusTechTips website if you have the time,i don't know how hard it will be,i just know it wont be simple

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

I mean like a website from scratch just a white background and that's it,you edit it add text to the site,images,links etc..kind of like webstarts they have that but you pay for it (shit tone) and you can do everything from like a scratch website and customize it to like a LinusTechTips website if you have the time,i don't know how hard it will be,i just know it wont be simple

I will start with it being simple but then try and gradually get to this level.

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I wouldn't know. I've never tried coding. Oh well.

Nothing.

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I will start with it being simple but then try and gradually get to this level.

I know it will be hard,but if your good at this you can make it work

Here's the full desc of what i want and possibly millions of people if this works out

So,its a software/program which you download,once you open it up its just a blank page,just a white blank page,then you add headers,add text,images

Let my explanation be short,its kind of like Photoshop,you create your website look,but you just make it function with clickable links and make it feel like a website

Could i PM you?

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

I know it will be hard,but if your good at this you can make it work

Here's the full desc of what i want and possibly millions of people if this works out

So,its a software/program which you download,once you open it up its just a blank page,just a white blank page,then you add headers,add text,images

Let my explanation be short,its kind of like Photoshop,you create your website look,but you just make it function with clickable links and make it feel like a website

Could i PM you?

Sure.