Need help at buying CPU cooler

Hanguy
Go to solution Solved by PRTI,
3 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

The 212 isn't that suited to a 6700k, and something of a similar price from Cryorig, like the H7 or H5 would be better.

Well the H7 is a little bit more expensive like $10-15 since its now on a sale on newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF2DZ6565

Hello. Soon I will be buying myself a computer. I'll rather get myself the 6700K and asus Z170 deluxe motherboard. I still don't know what air cooler ( I don't like liquid cooling) should i get so I can overclock it. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Hanguy said:

Hello. Soon I will be buying myself a computer. I'll rather get myself the 6700K and asus Z170 deluxe motherboard. I still don't know what air cooler ( I don't like liquid cooling) should i get so I can overclock it. Any ideas?

Noctua NH D14 or 15 would be ideal.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

5 minutes ago, Hanguy said:

The Hyper 212 is a very popular budget cooler that will give decent overclocks. If you really want to push it and can afford to pay more, the Noctua D-14 and D-15 are both very good. Also the Dark Rock Pro 3 is good too for slightly less. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

4 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

The Hyper 212 is a very popular budget cooler that will give decent overclocks. If you really want to push it and can afford to pay more, the Noctua D-14 and D-15 are both very good. Also the Dark Rock Pro 3 is good too for slightly less. 

The 212 isn't that suited to a 6700k, and something of a similar price from Cryorig, like the H7 or H5 would be better.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

I use a Hyper 212 on mine and Its a nice cooler and can over clock too. The only thing to check is clearances with case and cooler. 

A menace to the scammer world. They hate me wasting their time when they are conning the innocent and giving to the idiots. 

2 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Well the H7 is a little bit more expensive like $10-15 since its now on a sale on newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF2DZ6565

It really depends. There's one that I'm thinking of, I'll just look it up, it's definitely cryorig though. (PS: I'm not in the states)

EDIT: Nope, it was the H7. The M9i is OK, but not as good as the Hyper 212.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

It really depends. There's on that I'm thinking of, I'll just look it up, it's definitely cryorig though. (PS: I'm not in the states)

Yeah,but sadly its currently out of stock

Just now, keNNySOC said:

Yeah,but sadly its currently out of stock

Almost all cryorig products are out of stock at Ebuyer, which is the only UK company to sell them.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

Almost all cryorig products are out of stock at Ebuyer, which is the only UK company to sell them.

Yeah,there really popular and great for the price

Sadly you have to wait after they go out of stock...

6 hours ago, NinjaJc01 said:

The H7 is barely better. The 212 Evo is perfectly fine for a 6700k. 

6 hours ago, Hanguy said:

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

The H7 is barely better. The 212 Evo is perfectly fine for a 6700k. 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

I have heard very mixed things about the 212, and that that H7 is quite a bit better, but that's just what I've heard on the forums.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

I have heard very mixed things about the 212, and that that H7 is quite a bit better, but that's just what I've heard on the forums.

They perform very similarly but the H7 is a bit better due to the newer design such as a lower height and a quieter fan. 

That being said the H7 wouldn't cut it for cooling if the 212 Evo couldn't. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What's your budget for the cooler? $30? $50? $70? I'm going to go ahead and recommend the Cryorig H7.

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com