How do my temps look? SLI Build

spaynton

Hey everyone,

Just wondering how these temps look for an air cooled/aio water cooled build?

I have a 4790k Overclocked to 4.6, two Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti's in SLI in an Air540. I have two Corsair AF140 QE fans as front intake, 1 AF140QE fan as a rear exhaust and two 140mm corsair fans that came with the H115i as top exhaust.

I ran valley for about 35 minutes to let the temperature stabilize. I also ran Aida64 for 10-15 minutes to "pre-heat" the radiator to see a worst case scenario while gaming.

What do you guys think? They look okay?

Capture.PNG

Your temps look fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Top gpu is a bit hot, but nothing too serious when running a benchmark. If you have three pci-e x16 slots you could try moving the bottom card down a bit and see if that helps. If not, don't think you'll run into any problems with these temps.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Thanks for the replies everyone! I won't worry too much about it. When gaming the top card doesn't even hit 70 most of the time.

13 minutes ago, martward said:

Top gpu is a bit hot, but nothing too serious when running a benchmark. If you have three pci-e x16 slots you could try moving the bottom card down a bit and see if that helps. If not, don't think you'll run into any problems with these temps.

Ya, I didn't think it was too bad as it's not thermal throttling or coming close to max set on the card (83 before throttle). When run as a single card it runs at 65 max with the same fan profiles under the same conditions. SLI really cooks the top card, but 5 degree difference isn't all that bad based on my reading so far.

I wish I had a lower x16 slot, but unfortunately I only have the two x16 slots on this mobo, at least its 3x spaced.

Here is a photo of the setup

_DSC4937.jpg

Another shot showing the front fan locations and the gpu spacing... I could run 3x 120mm in the front instead of the 2x 140mm which would put a bit more airflow down lower...

_DSC4934.jpg

Your build is very nice. As long as the cards don't throttle under heavy load I'd just accept the couple of degrees. Under 70 when gaming is good, and that's probably as heavy a load you are going to get without syntetic tests.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

3 hours ago, martward said:

Your build is very nice. As long as the cards don't throttle under heavy load I'd just accept the couple of degrees. Under 70 when gaming is good, and that's probably as heavy a load you are going to get without syntetic tests.

Thanks martward!

I was playing Fallout 4 last night and had it monitor the whole time. At 3440x1440 at max settings with 2x msaa I hit 71 on the top card as the highest temp over a few hours. Water temperature in the radiator got up 32C, and the CPU package temp didn't break 55C. I'm happy with that for air cooled SLI.

This was with a fairly quiet fan profile too. I could get a few degrees cooler overall with a more aggro fan profile, but honestly, I don't want to sacrifice how quiet this is at the moment. I have central air conditioning, and the unit is behind a door in the same room. The AC is louder when it kicks on than the PC is right now under full load. At idle the thing is almost silent, just a low hum.